Gauges and ignition switch panel

pirate

Oct 29, 2014
Lancer 27PS Jacksonville
Hi I am new to the forum and have purchased a 1984 Lancer 27PS and am hoping someone can tell me where I might find the recessed panel in the cockpit where my gauges and ignition switch is. If there is not a way to get a replacement maybe some advice on how to make a new one. Thanks

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Hi and welcome to SBO's Lancer Owner's Forum. The panel is probably a thing of the past by I think you might be able to build one out of teak and make it look very custom. At least that is what I would do on mine, if I were to replace the panel.

Is your panel missing or just needs to be replace/rebuilt? I can take photos of mine if you need something. Did you get the owner's manual? It is on this site and it is also on my site in my signature.

Again, welcome aboard.

pirate

Oct 29, 2014
Lancer 27PS Jacksonville
My panel is there but is cracked and pieces are missing. It is a recessed panel so that is my concern about just making a flat panel out of teak. If you could show me what your panel looks like I would appreciate it. Also I have another question in the hanging locker where the waste water lines come thru what kind of pump is supposed to be there to pump the holding tank overboard? And where can I get one or how to rig it up please. Thanks am trying my best to get it in great shape again but not too many people know anything about the lancers.

pirate

Oct 29, 2014
Lancer 27PS Jacksonville
Hey Brian I would be very interested in seeing your panel you have in your cockpit area. Also any info you might have on the pump to pump the waste holding tank overboard would be appreciated. I am new to all this and can use as much advise as possible. Thanks

Feb 17, 2006
I was going to do some shots today but a storm came through last night. Tomorrow I will head to the boat and take some photos for you. Here is the pump for the holding tank. I will take a better one tomorrow.

Attachments

pirate

Oct 29, 2014
Lancer 27PS Jacksonville
Brian any idea where I can buy the pump the housing and all is there just no pump. Or if I need to get the whole thing any advice would help.

Feb 17, 2006
Do you have the seacock or drainage available for the hand pump? If not, you will have to do the drilling and filling and fixin' and leak stoppin' and all the other things. As far as pumps, check here on SBO Chandery or maybe WM. You can also check EBay to see if there are any available. Even maybe an RV center or Habor Freight.

Personally I do not know where but those are the places I would check.

pirate

Oct 29, 2014
Lancer 27PS Jacksonville
Thanks Brian yes all The stuff is in place just like the picture you sent me just the pump is missing from the housing and I need just the pump part as the housing and hoses are all connected to the housing. Hope I can find one.

Jul 10, 2011
Lancer 27PS 27 Powersailer Ohio - Lake Erie
Hi Pirate,
I also need to rebuild my cockpit panels, although it wasn't on the list for next seasons spring commissioning (I'm on Lake Erie and my 27PS is now on the hard). There's another Lancer 27PS that is up here and they did redo their panels with Teak.. looks great too. I thought I had some pics of that but I don't. The boat was just sold but I'll see if I can track down the new owner and get some pics. Here's a youtube video of that boat. You can see the panels briefly in the beginning http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TDE8QqufDM

Also, here's another guy, Don, with a Lancer27PS and he is updating his. May want to reach out to him as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh0pNZ6ASW0

Please stay in touch and let me know what you do, I may go ahead and do my panels too. Find me on Facebook if you like https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=account&section=username

Todd

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
Brian, is your gusher hand pump located in your closet? I always thought the customary install was in the cockpit.

Feb 17, 2006
Frank, I have two on board. One is in the closet for the holding tank, the other is in the cockpit starboard lazarette for the bilge.

Feb 17, 2006
Here is the guage and switch panel. There really isn't anything of interest. Also the pump in my closet.

Attachments

pirate

Oct 29, 2014
Lancer 27PS Jacksonville
Thanks Brian. That is the exact same panel as I have but it is all broken around the edges if you had to redo your what would you do? I also have the exact same pump setup that pump housing is there but the actual pump part is missing. Thanks for the pictures I need to figure out what I need to do now. Thanks also Shellback I appreciate any help I can get from anyone as I am not a pro at this but an very handy and wanting to learn.

Feb 17, 2006
If I were to replace the instrument panel I would make it a nice wood recessed panel. The gauge on the left (I think this is for the trim tabs) would be removed. I would keep the key, kill switch, and blower, but would also add some analog dials and remove the digital dials (I like analog, old school LOL).

If the housing is there but the handle and suction parts are missing, just replace the whole thing.

Jul 19, 2015
Lancer 29 Novato
I need help with my gauges and instruments panel. I have lost all power to this panel. A child began playing with the switches and it went blank. I can not find the fuse which protects the panel. if not the fuse what else could cause this ?