Garmin EchoMap DV43 Installation

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
Good afternoon, my wife purchased the subject Garmin product for installation in
our O'Day 272 LE.....I'm interested if anyone out there has installed one of these units
in their 272 LE and can provide advice. I'm told the hardest part may be fishing the
conduits in the wheel pedestal...I'm also interested in how you mounted it on your wheel
pedestal.......Wiring too....I'm good with light bulbs but that is about it...your advice is
greatly appreciated. Winds gusting to 46 knots right now here in paradise....thanks, Patrick

Sep 11, 2015
Hunter 31 Marina del Rey
Pat,
I have a 44dv on a Hunter 31. I removed the compass and put the Garmin in its place (on a round white starboard plate). It swivels in all directions (very useful) and the wires go through the center hole down the pedestal. It is not hard to pull the wires through. I feed the Garmin with a 10 Hz gyro compass signal to get accurate heading in addition to COG. I believe these sensors are orders of magnitude better than magnetic compasses.

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Thank you so much for your reply....! I bought the product at the Newport RI Boat Show (or shall I say my wife bought it in Newport) .....my little Garmin 3-plus was a lot easier to use.....but it has an issue with vertical lines all over the maps....thanks again for your help! Pat

Dec 27, 2012
Precision Precision 28 St Augustine
I recently mounted a garmin 540s on my boat. I fished the power line through one side of the pedestal guard. I had to cut the transducer cable and fished it through the other side of the pedestal guard. Soldered all of the wires. Each one was wrapped with electrical shrink wrap. I then secured the transducer aft of my engine with plumbers putty. The unit works great. The unit itself I mounted onto the pedestal guard.

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Thank you folks so much....can you post a couple pictures of the installation? Thanks, Patrick