Galvanic Isolators - take in handluggage?

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
But if they do decide to do a luggage check .................... you really got some "splainin' to do".

1633029077555.png

I remember heading down to Ca. for work with a calibrated pressure gauge in my luggage. Had all the paperwork for me and the gauge with me. Went into secondary and the customs guy had no idea what it was but was satisfied with loads of paperwork and ushered me out the exit door.

You might want to have paperwork with you describing exactly what you've got in case he decides it's a missile guidance system for the North Koreans.

May 31, 2013
Beneteau Oceanis 41 Beaulieu-sur-Mer
But if they do decide to do a luggage check .................... you really got some "splainin' to do".

View attachment 198867

I remember heading down to Ca. for work with a calibrated pressure gauge in my luggage. Had all the paperwork for me and the gauge with me. Went into secondary and the customs guy had no idea what it was but was satisfied with loads of paperwork and ushered me out the exit door.

You might want to have paperwork with you describing exactly what you've got in case he decides it's a missile guidance system for the North Koreans.
Paperwork..!!! Of course!!! That's the answer. And luckily it came with loads!!

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
My wife likes to sleep with a fan on for the white noise…so on our last trip to California, I had a carry-on with a small-ish electric fan.

Despite being TSA pre-check, I got stopped and my luggage searched. The fan motor and wiring did look suspicious on the x-ray.

I guess I can’t be too upset with the men and women who work to keep us safe in the air…but that day, I wasn’t feeling very charitable. :mad:

Greg

May 31, 2013
I did have spray nozzle (for a hosepipe) confiscated coz it was a bit gun shaped. My fault as I should have remembered that years before my 6 year old had his water-pistol confiscated. We get annoyed coz we know it's not us they need to check up on.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Would it not be easier to check it with luggage? My wife recently went on a flight and did not check her quilting needles and guess what?.........they were confiscated.

May 31, 2013
Would it not be easier to check it with luggage? My wife recently went on a flight and did not check her quilting needles and guess what?.........they were confiscated.
Hi - strangely, in investigating I've found that in the UK and Europe knitting needles are ok! Amazing. Unfortunately we only have hand luggage. I only take computer stuff and clean underwear! Rest on the boat.

Last edited: