Galvanic Isolator

Status
Not open for further replies.

pk104

Jun 30, 2009
Catalina 310 Atwood Lake
I see in the stereo pictures that show inside the nav station and the Zinc Saver 2. Have any of tested it to see if it is working?

The weather hasn't been great here in Ohio and I am spending to much time reading.

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
I see in the stereo pictures that show inside the nav station and the Zinc Saver 2. Have any of tested it to see if it is working?

The weather hasn't been great here in Ohio and I am spending to much time reading.

This is a picture of the zinc saver in 3 D, if you have the right glasses.

paulj :troll:

Attachments

pk104

Jun 30, 2009
Catalina 310 Atwood Lake
Maine Sail got me worried about it. That's why I am going to check mine. I am in an inland marina, my best friend is a lineman. We know a lot about the power on our dock and it is not o be trusted. More then once he has corrected problems. A few years ago while at the dock I jumped in to cool off. As I climbed up the ladder and grabbed the stern rail, I felt a tingle. Not much but it was there. I got my volt meter, strip some insulation off a wire and tested for voltage between the lake and my boat. Sure enough there was voltage. Not much but enough to make us go look for a problem.

By the way, thank you Maine Sail for all the great information. I love to read what every one writes, some times when I read the forums I feel like a beginner that has been sailing for 40 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.