Galvanic corrosion Protection 1989 Hunter 30 "Shift Diameter" ?

Oct 13, 2008
Hunter 1989 Lake Hefner, OKC
My boat is in the water. I want to be prepared when I take it out in a couple of weeks. I want to purchase sacrificial anodes in advance of pulling the boat. I am guessing that the proper anode for my shaft would be fitted to a diameter of 1". That is the reason for my post here. I am not certain about that diameter.

I would like to know what the shaft diameter is for an original shaft on the 1989 Hunter 30? Thank you!
Steve

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
I would like to know what the shaft diameter is for an original shaft on the 1989 Hunter 30? Thank you!
Steve, do you not have access to the shaft INSIDE your boat? I can't begin to think of ANY boat where not only is there not access to the shaft inside the boat, but where the inside shaft and the shaft outside are different! :yikes:

Oct 13, 2008
Hunter 1989 Lake Hefner, OKC
You're correct. I didn't think of that, of course. I read through and found an old "stuffing box" question I asked of this group many years ago in which I mentioned my one inch diameter drive shaft.....
Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. I can't see The Tree because of all the other trees. I far too often find a way to make things more complicated than they truly are....a sad but well documented commendatory on me.
After discovering "the obvious" (if I were one to guess, I would have guessed 1" dia.) I went ahead and ordered a magnesium freshwater anode from West Marine. It arrived today.
Thank you Stu,
PS: I may have another question later. This one deals with my newly installed main AC voltage breaker recently installed. It was working nicely for a couple of weeks but now no at all.