Galley Rebuild

Jan 29, 2019
O'day 25 Virginia
Has anyone rebuilt their Galley? I swear I havent found a piece of wood in this old girl that isnt rotten.. Tips suggestions anything.

Thanks Yall

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Welcome jkandris.
Interior rebuild projects are always fun. Several members here have taken their boats from the dump to the showroom and everywhere in between.
Can you get more specific about what you have in mind? Include a sprinkling of pictures too, please.
There isn't a scrap of wood that can't be replaced by a competent weekend woodworker, with care and patients. The hard part is saying, "good enough for who it's for." And going sailing.

-Will (Dragonfly)

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
The O'day 25 had a very simple and basic setup. This would be pretty normal setup. For me and my family I have no uss for a sink or stove on our 25 so I would make sure I had a good solid table top.

https://goo.gl/images/FvE132

Jan 29, 2019
O'day 25 Virginia
What I was most curious about is the icebox, Im not sure if I can save it or not. I mean it is 41 years old. If the top didnt have so much rot in it I would simply make a front to go down to the deck and go sailing but I would rather get it right now then have another mess to deal with later. some projects are going to have to wait to next year, Im literally bleeding money, I fix one thing and find something else. Im not getting discourages Im just aware and I knew what I was getting into I'm simply trying to keep the costs under control. The big bonus is I can do it however I want to. As far as launch date for trials Im thinking May so I have plenty of time.

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Your working on a 41 year old Oday 25 and wabt to day sail with family to start with as I remember. I'd juck the entire ice box and galley sink with a soild replacement countertop from 3/4" think plywood so it is a solid surface instead. The new portable coolers are far better and can be loaded before you leave home. I stow mine in the 1/4 berth that goes under the cockpit so it is out of the way in the cabin and secure.