Galley Pump info/fresh water system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2010
Lancer 28 ATX
I am now realizing that my boat has a fresh water system that I can use both to fill my ice box and pump fresh water to. My question is are the pumps actually the levers used to get the water from the tank? The fossit lookin things? I have two. Do these need 12v power supply running to them to work? Where would my tank be? cannot locate it or does it draw water from the bildge or something else? Does this only work when I am hooked up to shore power? Please let me know if you can help. Special thanks to the lancer owners walking through all my questions. I am beginning to realize how blessed I am to get a boat like this at the price I did. Pictures will be uploaded asap.

Jun 16, 2010
Lancer 25 Newbergh
In my lancer 25 the fresh water tank is under and aft of the companionway steps it’s kind of triangular and has a screw in fill.

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
If you have two, often one is for sea water as you save fresh water if you initially wash your dishes with salt and then rinse with fresh.

Jun 8, 2010
Lancer 28 ATX
are the pumps and system something that you have to use at dock when hooked up to power or is it something you can use out to sea?

I dont think I have these tanks. When I look under my aft steps where the onboard engine used to be I have nothing there. Time to look for a onboard diesel and some tanks....

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Do they look like this? http://shop.lancerowners.com/detail.htm?group=773

If so they are entirely manual and the lever operates the pump to pull water from the tank. If you have an electric pump they are pressure operated and the faucets will look pretty much like normal home faucets. When you open the faucet the pump turns on automatically.

Jun 8, 2010
Lancer 28 ATX
Bob they do look like the picture you gave me. After looking at my boat more I noticed Aft, behind the stairs, starboard side that I had one tank under the seats. I think this will either be that tank or the fuel tank...I still have yet to tear down the back part of the boat to find everything. With 10 foot spiders and the weather being so great I have put that off.

I am just kind of confused on the whole freshwater system. From my understanding I am coming up with the conclusion that this tank is manually filled on the boats deck with fresh water, from there I can either pump fresh water in the ice box, aft sink or forward sink? am I right?

how do these manual pumps work? do I have to swing the lever back and forth? time for some reading....

thanks again guys..all your support has mad my boat experince 100 times better...finding out the things I do have on this boat is the most exciting part.

as of now I the fresh water system and dsounder/depth finder I am tryin to conquer..

I did not know anything about this until I read the most recent post. I have located something under the port side bulk heads where it almost looks like a depth finder...under water it looks like a little hole where water is let in or something? almost looks like a straight hole throught the hull if I didnt know any better but on the other side(cabin side) is the unit...working at TIGE boats for a couple of years I want to say this is the depth finder...

I also have a switch on my circut breakers that note (D, Sounder and D Sounder Light) I figure this is for the unit that reads all the depth, speed maybe?

so much stuff gotta love it.

I recently used my scuba gear to clean the entire bottom of my boat in the water...thats how I was able to locate the depth finder I think...now just to find the paddle wheel....anything else this D Sounder units reads or might have in the bottom side of the boat?

know where I could get a dsounder unit? mine is all busted up

thanks in advance

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Yes, you just swing the lever back and forth. May need to prime the pumps with some water or at least have the tanks filled to get them going if they have been dry for a while.

The small hole in the hull under the port bulkhead could be the salt water intake for the head pump. Look on the inside for a corresponding seacock (valve).

Status
Not open for further replies.