G26 anchor storage hatch mod

Jan 29, 2013
Grampian G26 South Shore Harbnor
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had ever retrofitted a deck hatch at the bow to access the small storage compartment to the head of the v-berth. I realize that the compartment access from the v-berth would have to be sealed up (I am planning to re-glass that whole bulkhead anyway). I am a little concerned that it might weaken the bow area somewhat, bet I will be replacing the bow fitting with a new SS one. Lust wondering if anyone has done this, and if it is worth the effort.

Thanks

Craig,
Clear Lake, Tx.
G26 "Lizzard"

Mar 23, 2009
Rafiki 35 North East, MD
I was wondering if anyone had ever retrofitted a deck hatch at the bow to access the small storage compartment to the head of the v-berth.
Craig,

Did you end up doing this project? If so, I'd be interested to hear about it.

Thanks,
Matt

Jan 29, 2013
Grampian G26 South Shore Harbnor
RE: anchor locker

Hi Matt,

I am starting all of the modification projects in Feburary, and this, along with other bow specific tasks, will be some of the first handled. I am setting the boat up for what I term "limited blue-water" passagemaking. Basically enough to get me across the Gulf of Mexico to Cancun and Key West / Bahamas. I will be posting the planned mods list as a new thread for everyone to critique.

Craig

Sep 27, 2008
Grampian 26 26 Penetang,Ontario
Have been thinking about doing the same thing,but a bit reluctant to cut into the deck.
Keep us posted!