Fyi Old ST30 DO WORK with i70s network

curtdo

Nov 9, 2012
Hunter 336 Atlanta
After getting no correct info from Raymarine, Airmar, or much internet searching I can tell you I got the old ST30 D&S transducers onto the i70s and seatalkng network.
Can’t tell you the model numbers of the old transducers, there is no id or itag anywhere on the boat. But they are the original transducers that came with the ST30 D&S gauges on my 1996 Hunter 336

On my boat I just had to connect the blue and shield wires from depth to blue and black pins on the Itc-5 converter.
For speed I put all three wires to speed pins on itc-5. BUT THEN put 6k resistor across two temp pins on itc-5. REQIRED to make speed work, since I have no temp transducer.
Hope this helps someone, because research was a real pain.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Great solution. The ITC-5 is a great tool to address old sensors using NMEA 0183 data and inject it into SeaTalkNG.

I used the same hardware to send the depth data from my mystery transducer to my AP display.

Many tools out there for the thinking boat owner to use functioning hardware. Where did you learn about the 6K resistors?

curtdo

Nov 9, 2012
Hunter 336 Atlanta
One obscure post I found said use a 10k resistor. I cold only find 5.6k near me. It is only .25w. So have to see if it lasts. From the ohm standpoint, I think the value just changes the reading. My i70 reads a constant 76 deg F.

• Helpful