FUTURE PRICE OF EXISTING BENETEAU BOATS

Jan 10, 2018
Beneteau 331 Halifax
I wanted to get your thoughts on the impact, if any, on the closing of Beneteau in the US, both parts and manufacturing, on the future selling prices of our boats. Do you think it may increase them somewhat, or decrease them?

Not that I am selling my B331. It is a very good boat.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
I believe that the market price for Beneteau’s will correspond to that of the general sailboat market. My understanding is that parts will be available; however, Beneteau owners might not be permitted to order directly from the manufacturer. May have to order thru dealer. Just a guess on my part; I have no insider information.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
I agree with BigEasy that it probably won’t make much of a difference, as long as dealers don’t get too much of a reputation for being unresponsive to parts requests. I didn’t know Beneteau had the spare parts site until we’ll after we had the boat, so the site going away probably doesn’t affect buyers. Shipping hulls to America will probably be a little more expensive than shipping parts, but that could be offset by not needing the overhead of keeping the US factory open.

Jan 10, 2018
Beneteau 331 Halifax
Hell, I don't see how you could make money importing boats from Europe.....maybe a chance for other manufacturers in the US to fill the gap. In Canada, under free trade agreement, if the boat is manufactured in the US, there is no duty, otherwise there is.

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
Hell, I don't see how you could make money importing boats from Europe.....maybe a chance for other manufacturers in the US to fill the gap. In Canada, under free trade agreement, if the boat is manufactured in the US, there is no duty, otherwise there is.
Beneteau has been doing this for over 140 years or so.... I think they have it figured out. Plus, what US sailboat company is going to fill a non-existent gap? Hunter is dying on the vine, Catalina still thinks its the 80's with their designs. The vast majority of sailboat builders out there are not in the US and most are doing OK.

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
No Duty on any boats made in Europe coming into Canada as we have CETA trade agreement ,there will be duties on boats going into US. There use to be a 9.5% duty that has now been wiped