Fuse Holder for Propane System......

Sep 26, 2008
Hunter 340 0 Wickford, RI
Has anyone replaced this fuse holder? It’s on my 2000 Hunter 340 and services the Galley Stove Propane Feed System.
Went to the boat today and found it popped out of the Galley Propane Panel.
I looked on SBO Store site and sent an email to them to see if they have it, but thought I would try our knowledge base also to see if anyone has replaced it on their boat, just in case SBO comes back with bad news.
The little tab just broke under the stress. I guess after 20 years it had enough.
Thank you for any input.

Attachments

Feb 8, 2014
Columbia 36 Muskegon
Hunter didn't make that panel. Trident did. Check with them. SBO might have it, might not. Trident should.

Sep 26, 2008
My Hat’s off to Phil and the whole crew at SBO.
Just received an email from Phil and he gave me the replacement part number for this panel.
As it would cost considerably more, he gave me the link to get it on line elsewhere!
In my humble opinion, everyone needs to contact Phil first. SBO goes above and beyond!

Part Number is Seachoice 12611, for anyone who may need this in the future.

Thanks Phil.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Get the Blue Sea panel and put a circuit breaker in to act as an on-off switch and you never have to bother with fuses again. Thos was just on a thread a week or two ago. I had pictures on that with panel options.
gasPanel.jpg

Attachments

Sep 26, 2008
On my Electric panel I have an LP Gas Breaker that we have to switch on first, then at the Galley Stove is the panel I show above. This is the ON/OFF for the gas.
I like the idea of never having to bother with fuses again. And if I didn’t have the breaker at the panel, I’d get your setup in a minute.
But to be honest.......this was the first time in 20 years I touched or even looked at that fuse. If it didn’t break and pop out on its own I wouldn’t have looked at it yesterday either. I just wanted to heat up my sausage and peppers.
20 years.....nothing lasts anymore.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
...I like the idea of never having to bother with fuses again. And if I didn’t have the breaker at the panel, I’d get your setup in a minute.
So wire around the switches and right to the breaker panel? Get the stove/gas/propane sticker to label the breaker wherever it is. Don't put the gas switch near the stove, because if the stove flares up, you can't reach the gas off switch.

May 28, 2015
hunter 460 Stuart
This happened to me as well some time ago out in the islands. I drilled a very small hole in side of fitting and inserted a very small screw to duplicate the purpose of the broken tab. Need to get to the fuse? Remove the screw.

• Helpful
Sep 26, 2008
Cruising Spirit,
Good idea. As a screw would be stronger than that small tab. It’s actually surprising it held this long considering the force of the spring in the little holder.
I’m going to keep your fix in reserve if the part I ordered doesn’t work out. Also, I can get to the back of the panel through the drawer opening in the cabinet, if I need to rewire a new fuse in or wire back to the Main panel.
Right now it‘s all on hold as we have Tropical Storm Isaias coming up and I just got the boat ready to weather the storm.
I’ll keep you informed as we go.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2008
The new fuse holder came in today. The original holder fits into the new one just as snug. Both are the same size. Once I get to the boat, should be good to go.

Attachments