furler ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joe friedman

thinking of getting a cdi 7.7 furler for my c-30 std rig w/bow sprit. anyone with any experience out there? comments, criticism, etc appreciated.

Aug 8, 2006
Catalina 34 Naples FL
CDI furler

I had one on my old boat an ODay 30. It worked well but note that the directions say It can be put on in a few hours. It took me one day with help. Secondly, the spool on the system sat very low on the bow and made it hard to access the anchor on the roller. I had to use an attachment (like a tang) to raise the system and increase the height from the deck. I ordered their largest furler and added in the optional bearings in the roller spool. In using it I never had any problems in 5 years. I purchased it because of the simplicity, and I did not have to cut forestay and the lifetime warranty.

J

John

furler??

I put one on my C30 tall rig which has a bow sprit myself. I did 2 years ago over the winter with the mast off and no problems to date. Measure very carefully before you cut anything. Is your boat really a standard rig? Why does it have a bow sprit? I thought the Catalinas with bow sprits were tall rigs. You need to be certain beforehand.

J

joe friedman

the word from the PO

apparently there were two versions of the 30. i definitely have the bow sprit and the PO told me that it's a standard rig. if you go to the sail loft on this site you'll see they offer two mains - one is a standard rig, shallow draft and the other is a standard 'mast'/bow sprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.