Funny Friday!!!

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Ain't that the truth. Our company is currently offering a voluntary retirement plan. "Golden Handshake" if you will. I'm really thinking hard about how much I need to enjoy my sunset years. It's scary!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Justin... it is a great thing to think about. This too will pass like the gas from last nights bean burrito.

I found it an interesting process. Took me about 3 years of considering. Started when I turned 65. Early on in the processs I met @LeslieTroyer and he inspired and pestered me about the decision.

I enjoyed the work I was doing until I didn't. I could see a negative future brewing and that helped to seal the deal. Being proactive about the whole adventure is much better than being a pawn.

Fair winds and smooth sailing wishes.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Justin... it is a great thing to think about. This too will pass like the gas from last nights bean burrito.

I found it an interesting process. Took me about 3 years of considering. Started when I turned 65. Early on in the processs I met @LeslieTroyer and he inspired and pestered me about the decision.

I enjoyed the work I was doing until I didn't. I could see a negative future brewing and that helped to seal the deal. Being proactive about the whole adventure is much better than being a pawn.

Fair winds and smooth sailing wishes.
Thanks John. I don't mean to be a buzz kill in a "Funny Friday" thread but rgranger's post fed my angst. I don't want to give up the things I love to do because I can't afford them anymore. I'm almost 64 so I have time to get ready. This voluntary retirement offer has a very short window. Next time...

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
So the Pope is SUPER early for his flight.
He asks his driver on his way to the airport if he could drive around for a while because they have time to kill and he hasn't driven a car since becoming the pope. Naturally, he's a bit rusty, so he's driving poorly, when suddenly he sees police lights behind him. He pulls over and when the officer comes up to the window his eyes go wide. He says to the pope "Hold on for a minute," and goes back to his car to radio the chief.

Cop: "Chief we have a situation. I've pulled over an important figure."

Chief: "How important? A governor or something?"

Cop: "No sir. He's bigger."

Chief: "So, what? a celebrity or something?"

Cop: "More important, sir."

Chief: "A major politician?"

Cop: "No sir, he's much more important."

Chief: "WELL WHO IS IT!?"

Cop: "Well actually I'm not sure. But the pope's his driver."

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
A female sailboat racer was the leading sailor in her club. She always finished first no matter what the rating system or course. It didn't matter what class or boat either. It got to where no one at the club asked who won, the question was, "who got second?" Because they just knew.
One particularly long race around the island, under the highway bridge and out into open ocean and back saw the finish of a different racer in the lead. With a quizzical lift of the eyebrow, the head judge wanted to ask "who's in second?" But he saw immediately and it wasn't our hero of so many past races either. In fact, every boat came in one after the other and no sign of the amazing woman captain.
People started to get worried and were about to send a boat out to search for her when her sail was spotted, finally. After she got her boat tied fast, the entire club showed up at her slip to ask what happened.
"I am so sorry I was so late, but as I passed back under the highway on the way to the finish line, I saw my ex-husband broken down on the side of the road. I had to tack past him nine times before he saw me sailing past laughing.":p

-Will (Dragonfly)