Full screen enclosure. 356/36

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
I would like to see how you did your full screen enclosure on your 356/36.
I just made shade screens for part sides of my cockpit and want to see how yours were done around the cockpit area.
Some photo’s would show me before I start and just started sewing so I am still in a learning stage sewing but my wife is a happy that I took over this project.
I had some clear windows for the sides up to my arch and used them to copy my screening.
Nick

Mar 3, 2003
Hunter 356 Grand Rivers
42CF4E71-2C70-40D8-9D4D-E38EC0A4CD06.jpeg
4BA6AB51-BF08-4E21-A39B-31D266C7E07E.jpeg
D5EF709C-A4BC-47F4-9ACD-79AD3AEB78EE.jpeg
9EE13366-D171-4411-88F6-7EE5273F5EA4.jpeg
Nick: Are you doing screens or a plastic enclosure or both? I’ve got screens that fit the enclosure plastic with Velcro tape on all four sides. We've Never used the screens. Here are some pictures of my enclosure, Everywhere
732B00B8-FE56-4B68-802D-6E7303258AC4.jpeg
in the back that it is clear has a screen that will attach inside.

Apr 21, 2014
Hunter 356 Middle River, MD
Thanks for the insight as I also want to have an enclosure / screens for our 356 and we would like to take it south from the Chesapeake and it can be cold and nasty in October / November.
When I had my dodger and bimini done I had zippers sewn in for later use, just need to figure how to go around the arch and rear jump seats. Did you contemplate transitioning from outside the arch on the top half to inside the arch against the cockpit combing?
Jeff

Mar 3, 2003
Hunter 356 Grand Rivers
Jeff: Mine is from 2004 and we are outside the arch all around. It snaps onto the fiberglass and we have zippers that go around vertical pieces. You will like the enclosure. It gets cold in TN and KY and all the way to Florida down the Tenn-Tom. Coming back in March we had freezing temps early some mornings. The enclosure acts like a greenhouse and as long as the sun is shining, it’s warm even in 35-40 degree weather. Take away the wind and it makes it much warmer under any temperature. It’s one of my top items along with the generator.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
I am not worried about cold here in Florida I am really interested in shading from the sun
and while at it bug control.
My boat was commissioned up while living in NY and I have great dodger with side clear windows and than clear panel from the dodger up to the arch and yes some times we get cool or rainy weather when out on water all helped us stay dry and warm.
I have been busy getting ready for this weekend Memorial Day out at Pelican Bay with many other boaters from PGSC and been making sun protection on our 36 and suppose to be real Hot
record breaking heat for Florida and will take photo’s of what I made so far.
Nick

Ctskip

Sep 21, 2005
other 12 wet water
Jerry Clark,
Can you tell us about your generator and it’s location and size and did you have it installed or? I’m about to buy a 92 375 no frills vessel with low hours and fresh water use
Skip

Mar 3, 2003
Hunter 356 Grand Rivers
Skip: I’ve got a Northern Lights 5 KW we put in when commissioned. It’s in my port lazzarette. I had a custom sound shield made for it. I use about .25 gallons of diesel per hour - 5-6 gallons in 24 hours depending on load. We run it full time when off the dock. We keep the below decks area at 70-72 degrees year around when underway or at anchor. It has an underwater muffler so can barely hear it 10 feet from the boat. In the cockpit it’s about 65 decibels.below it’s about the same as the HVAC fan noise and after a while it’s background hum. I was going to post a picture but can’t get to my Dropbox like I used to where my boat photos reside. If I can figure out how, i’ll Post. If you want some PM me and i’ll Email them.