Rob

Nov 8, 2001
Hi Rob

It is just left empty (Good place to store beer and wine). The Series I has
the tank (Copper cylinder) in the starboard locker. In teh Series II the
fuel tank is in the keel and made from polyemiade plastic. In the Series III
(and some late Series II) the fuel tank is stainless steel and is located in
the Port locker.

Hope all is going well with the cables and control lever.

Cheers

Steve B

Nov 8, 2001
Hi Peter

The Series II fuel tank holds 35 litres (about 7.5 gallons). The Series III
holds about 45 litres (I think)

Cheers

Steve B

Nov 8, 2001
Yep but the US/Canadian Gallon is different from us in the UK!! Strange.
Glad when we went metric as we all use the same in Europe at last..

Cheers

Steve B

Feb 28, 2006
Steve,

As a Canadian, I can tell you that we use the same gallon as you do in the UK. Although, officially, we've converted entirely to metric the remnents of the Imperial system live on. I still think in gallons for car milage, etc., and that gallon has always been the larger Imperial. We never used the American gallon here.

Garry

Nov 8, 2001
Hi Garry

Well done, keep the home flag flying!!

I find it easy to convert the larger metric equivalents metres etc but whne
it comes to inches and centimetres then I have to think in inches! Strange
that here in teh UK we use metric in just about everything but distance is
still measured in miles! I suppose it would be too expensive to change all
those road signs!

Viva la difference!

Steve B

Feb 28, 2006
Steve,

When I said "car milage" earlier I was talking about fuel economy, i.e. miles per gallon, just to avoid adding further confusion to a potentially very confusing subject. I recall the complete incomprehension regarding fuel economy that took place when we first converted to metric. Miles per gallon became litres per kilometre. Not only did the quanities change but they reversed the relationship. I still have to convert the whole thing over to make real sense of it.

Garry

Nov 8, 2001
Hi Garry

Same here. Still use MPG to see how good the car is performing. Kilometres
per litre then changed to Kilometres per Gallon, then changed to Miles per
Gallon.... Too much maths for me by far.

Still better to work Nautical Miles per Beaufort Force in my Vega....

Cheers

Steve B

Oct 30, 2019
Thanks Steve.
Mine, a Series 1, I guess, measures out to 32.6 litres , about 7 Imp.
gallons.

Peter
'Sin Tacha' #1331

Mar 22, 2014
Thanks to all for response.I was only effraid for the nut to wear thrue the fuel tank. Since this is not an issue, and that i can afford a new nut, i will do as Larry told me and run the other direction , maybe start drinking anyway because there is still a snow pile in front of my boat.Good week end.DavidIn QuébecVega 2226 Caribou

mnhdl

Oct 31, 2019
Hi David,I have my Vega on lake champlain and now it quite well, if you have question in french i will be happy to helpMarie, Montréal Envoyé de mon iPhone Le 2015-04-11 à 14:40, David Archambault quebecdave1@... [AlbinVega] <AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com> a écrit :

Mar 22, 2014
Thanks you guysDo anyone consider a good idea to use that fuel tank as a gas tank for the out board ? I think this is a scary thing to do.David2226

May 30, 2006
I think the original fuel level indicator was a rod? You unscrewed a cap and the rod popped up? Correct me if im not remembering properly.New ones use a float and variable resistance i believe. Electric gauge reads resistance"carrernou@... [AlbinVega]" AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi and thanks for letting me in. I am looking for an Albin Vega upgrated and in good shape in the Mediterranean (not so many arround). I am found one, but the owner told me that the fuel indicator has stop working and that may not be easy to fix. It is something know how to solve ? Should I take that into account in the operation ?Thanks a lot, Jordi

Feb 12, 2008
Mine is a rod with a cork at the bottom.You could probably make one from a very thin piece of stainless steel tig welding rod and a cork. Tg