Fuel tank sender unit

Jun 9, 2008
Catalina 310 Carlyle, IL
My current fuel gauge permanently reads minus empty with or without the ignition turned on. Does anybody know where I can get a replacement fuel tank sender unit? I tried getting pictures of the broken one (still installed in the tank) but I was not able to discover the manufacturer or any other ID info.

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 310 #147 Oakville Yacht Squadron
Search the archives here. It was covered not too long ago along with some troubleshooting guides

Jul 1, 2009
Catalina 310 Sydney-Pittwater
Have just replaced my fuel sender with a locally marketed ‘WEMA’ reed switch. It seems to be generally recommended ( including by Maine Sail as 2. choice). It appears to be marketed under various names, including Moeller. Cat. Direct seems to be selling it under a ‘no-name’. It is easy to install, once you figure out the 5 hole SAE nonsense. Just make sure you buy the proper length – my closest available was 25 cm - and the 33-240 Ohm. I also had to replace the gauge. I replaced it with a VDO.

Jun 9, 2008
Catalina 310 Carlyle, IL
Contacted the tank manufacturer, Ezell Industries, and a very helpful lady pulled the tank specs. from their drawings and recommended the WemaUSA model SSS-10 (10" for the 11 1/2" tank height). Ordered on line so hopefully UPS will deliver this before the weekend. Cost was $58.00 plus shipping.