Fuel Priming Tip that Works #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rob Sherrill

Some clarification to those who had an interest. As for the venting of the air, I only use two vents. The one on the racor filter and the fuel line just before the injector. First I vent the racor and then close that vent and move on to the injector. I permanately fixed the bulb in the fuel line. I decided to leave it there as it does no harm. It will colapse during the engine running but has had no adverse effect on fuel flow. They stay in line on the outboards without any problems. It sure beats toggling the fuel pump on the engine for 20-30 minutes. Good luck with this if you choose to try it. The good news is that it is inexpensive to try and can be removed quickly if you so desire. Rs

G

GEORGE SKRTICH

MAKING PRIMING SIMPLE

I PUT AN ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP INLINE JUST BEFORE THE FUEL FILTER. I ALSO PUT A SMALL CLEAR FILTER BETEEN THE ELECTRIC FUELPUMP AND TANK TO CATCH STUFF. WHEN I WANT TO PRIME MY ENGINE I FIRST (1) TURN ON THE ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP, (2) BLEED THE AIR FROM THE ENGINE MOUNTED FILTER AND (3) BLEED FROM THE ENGINE INJECTOR. THE WHOLE PROCESS TAKES ABOUT FOUR MINUTES. A BREEZE. I ALSO SET UP A SYSTEM TO RECYCLE FUEL WITH THE PUMP ON (USING THE FILTER) AND THE ENGINE OFF. THIS ALLOWS FOR RECYCLING FUEL AND CLEANING OUT STUFF AND GETTING RID OF H2O. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.