Fuel Line Replacement

Jul 5, 2011
Oday 28 Madison, CT
Some of the lines on my O'Day 28 (Universal M12) have been replaced but not the ones from the tank petcock to the fuel pump or the one into the engine. Both are factory swaged fittings. It seems sensible to replace these with a barb fittings. In my case the barb end would be for 1/4" ID fuel line, but does anyone know what the thread on the petcock and the engine end might be, both diameter and if NPT or other etc. and finally, best place to buy such as West, NAPA etc.? Knowing will save me two trips into the "hell hole".

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
I'd take off both fitting to make sure they are in good condition and that you get the correct sizes. Interestingly, you mentioned probably the two most expensive retailers in the US for these sorts of things. If you don't hang out somewhere south of civilization as we do, I'd suggest a commercial plumbing supply house. They should be quite knowledgeable about these things and have a much better variety and price.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
I brought mine to a truck supply place once. They had the equipment to crimp a new fitting on. Pretty cheap if I remember right.