Fuel line Precision 21

Nov 11, 2019
Hunter 23' Purcell's Cove
I am currently routing the fuel line from the gas tank through tube meant for the charging wires coming off the outboard motor. I don't see any other option.
Anyone have any suggestions.
Thank you

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Over the transom, drilling a new and dedicated hole and conduit or forgetting about charging from the outboard and using it for the fuel line. It is not prudent to run a gas line and charging wires through the same conduit. You do not mention what engine but usually anything about 6HP or less the charging capacity is almost useless so nothing much would be lost if you used that conduit for the fuel line.

Nov 11, 2019
Thank you Benny, the boat is new to me and the previous owner ran it through the charging line. I'll continue to do that and charge my battery by solar.

Jun 9, 2008
- -- -Bayfield
Having once being a Precision dealer, the tube through the transom was designed for the fuel tank hose and not electrical cables. Does it not route through the transom from the fuel tank compartment? If you want to go through the transom with your electrical cable, then you can do so and install a motor well boot to help keep the water out.

Nov 11, 2019
Thank you for that Bill. As there is a connecting plug (which runs over to the battery)next to the tube, through the transom, I just figured the charging cord from the outboard was meant for it. The outboard line will run through it if the hose clamp is temporarily removed.
Thanks for your comments, Rod