Fuel Line Opening

Feb 26, 2016
I have a question for the people with newer model Capri 22's. I have my order in with the factory for a 2016 model and I'm trying to get ready for it. For my outboard I have decided to go with either a Tohatsu 4 HP or a Tohatsu 5 HP. I sail on a very small lake will be mainly using the motor rarely for short periods of time if the wind dies or we get a sudden storm (which can happen here in Oklahoma).

Anyway the 4HP comes with a 0.3 gal internal gas tank and the motor consumes about .4 gal/hour - so I may have 1 hour run time per tank. The 5 HP comes with a 3.1 gal external tank and fuel line; which would easily last me an entire season. I like the idea of being able to run the carb dry also by disconnecting the fuel line until the engine stops. For an extra 150 dollars the extra HP would be nice too. So I'm leaning to the 5HP.

So my question: Is there a built in "opening" or "pathway" from the fuel locker to the motor mount for my fuel line on the newer model Capri 22's? My old Catalina 25 had a space build in. I also have the same question for the battery compartment - is there a space out (say for a charger cord or trolling motor wires) and/or a space going into the cabin to connect with say a radio or 12 volt receptacle?

Thanks for any info.

Slartibartfass

Capri 22 Mod
Dec 13, 2015
Catalina Capri 22 1139 Mamaroneck, NY
on my 2006 yes on both accounts....although I am switching to an electric outboard....less of a maintenance hassle...

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 310 278 Lyndeborough NH
A Torqeedo 1003 will give you the same performance with much less problems with fuel.
Today is the last day of Defender's Warehouse Sale - $1,679.00

Feb 26, 2016
Yes I've been through Torquedo, Minn Kota, and the small outboards. My main problem with Torquedo is the cost (I see most list prices closer to 2,000) and that's with one battery only, probably better to have two batteries - and those run 700 a piece. I am worried about somebody stealing it. I am worried about surges on the crappy shore power I have frying the boards on the Torquedo and that's an expensive project. If I go electric the 300 trolling motor looks more interesting- again not sure I need an engine unless wind dies. No tides or currents.