Fuel leak between throttle body and cylinder -SB8

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

R. Paquin

I have a yanmar sb8 in my '78 hunter 27 with a fuel leak between throttle and the cylinder and am looking for suggestions. I had the throttle body worked on last year requiring the removal of it (there was a small rubber ring that had disintegrated blocking the fuel flow.) I wondering if there was a washer/crush washer anything like that that should be on that? also, does anybody have a good reference on maintenance for this engine? fuel filter, oil filter, quantity & type of oil etc? thanks in advance! RP

D

David Krozier

SB-8

Torresen Marine has a real nice web site for ordering parts for yanmar diesels. You can also order a parts manual or service manual from them for the SB8. The parts manual is more useful. It provides exploded views of everything (very useful for understnading how things go together) and lists the yanmar part numbers. This lets you use the torresen site to price and order parts on line. Boat US has also been helpful in finding yanmar part numbers and ordering parts. There are two fuel pumps - a feed pump (pumps from the fuel tank) and an injection pump (pumps to the injector). Basically the metal fuel lines with threaded ends dont have washers. The metal fuel lines with hollow bolts that pass through round fittings on the lines use two copper washers. There is no replacable oil filter on the SB8 (or air filter for that matter). There is a screen assembly with a handle you turn to clean the screen at the lower left side of the engine (facing the front of the engine). You can remove the screen assembly for cleaning. part numbers Fuel filter 104500-55710 zinc 104211-41300 zinc cover gasket 101720-41820 impeller 104211-42070 impeller cover gasket 104211-42090 David

Status
Not open for further replies.