Fuel Leak at HP Pump Injector Line - Yanmar 2GM

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
Hi All

I have a fuel leak (seeping) out at the fuel injector line coming from the HP pump. I tried wrench tightening each nut separately with full resistance. Concerned with over tightening and either breaking or causing damage. Questions are:

- has anyone experienced a leak at this point and if so, how'd did you fix?
- is there an internal seal or o-ring inside the fuel line connection point that could be replaced?
- should I hold upper nut tight and then attempt to tighten lower nut?

After reading Yanmar 2GM Workshop Manual I'm still not sure if this type of leak can be handled via tightening or if its go straight to replacing metal fuel lines in order to have these seated correctly.

any help, suggestions and recommendations are welcome and appreciated

Jerry

Fuel Leak 3.jpg
Fuel Leak 2.jpg
Fuel Leak 1.jpg

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
On my last boat I redid all fuel lines..... many have copper washers that need to be replaced...... Tightening won’t help. not sure if that’s what you have but I would look at the parts manual, get the parts, take it apart and replace. Good luck!

Greg

Jun 1, 2007
O'Day 322 Mt.Sinai
On my last boat I redid all fuel lines..... many have copper washers that need to be replaced...... Tightening won’t help. not sure if that’s what you have but I would look at the parts manual, get the parts, take it apart and replace. Good luck!

Greg
What Greg said. These are copper compression washers, and need to be replaced from time to time. They're probably completely compressed, and no longer providing a proper seal. Get replacement washers (I think Yanmar calls them gaskets) and unscrew the fitting(s), replace the washer, bleed the line, and hopefully you'll be good to go. I've replaced several washers on the fuel line in my 2GM20F with no problems.

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
I think there are delicate valves under those fittings. Consult manual for gaskets and torque value.