Fuel Issue ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 30 Bay Shore, N.Y.
A few weeks ago I decided to install a spin on filter adapter for my Lucas CAV filter head on my old Westerbeke 30 and because of space the spin on filter is quite small......installation went well and I left for a cruise last Wednesday and after a 13 hr run the rpm's would just jump a few hundred and then settle back but the tach would jump to the end about 4 k so at first I thought the tranny was slipping and at the next port adjusted it a little but that didn't help so while motor sailing with no wind on a flat LI Sound it didn't act up unless a small wake or if I turned the wheel so it seemed to me that it might be a fuel issue cause the only thing that Ichanged was the filter so I removed the adapter and put the old system back cause I kept all the parts and had a brand new filter on board.
I'm leaving port Monday and hoping that I solved this problem cause I wonder if I didn't how the boat will react if I hit a strong current......so far Its been going in my direction
any comments?

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 30 Bay Shore, N.Y.
That is funny Caleb......but here's the verdict so far after a 6 hour run.......had it happen once right after leaving the harbor and increasing rpm's then set the throttle at 1200 and it ran for 6 hrs without missing a beat so I'm thinking maybe the modified spin on was restricting the fuel flow or introducing an air bubble

Status
Not open for further replies.