fridge problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2012
BENNETEAU OCEAN 38 PLYMOUTH
I Have Just Purchased A Benneteau 38. However I Am Having Problems With The Fridge. Fridge Intermittently Working. Therefore Coolness Is Not Sustaining. (even When The Engine Has Been On For 5 Hours) Is There A Common Fault? I Also Have A Problem With The Hot Water....how Long Does This Need To Have The Engine Running Before Warm?:

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Fridge: check for freon (refrigerant) charge and that the thermostat is working properly.

Hot water: usually can take up to half an hour.

Apr 30, 2009
Beneteau 49 Emeryville, CA
On my 49 it takes at least a half hour or more to heat water in the water heater. I had an intermittent problem with our freezer and found a loose connection on the electronic module mounted on the compressor. Problem fixed.

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Intermittent cooling is a symptom of the compressor cycling on an off due to dust build up on the condensor fins (the radiator looking thing next to the compressor). ID your refrigeration unit manufacturer and model number and report out.

redege

Jun 29, 2012
beneteau oceanis 351 queensland
I had a similar problem on my bene 351. I checked the voltage with my multimeter (essential on a boat) at the fridge. It was 10.7 V. The fridge will operate between 10.7 and 14 or so Volts. below 10.7 it simply wont work. The problem in my case was some corrosion in the cable ending (the negative) in the powerboard. After cutting a bit off and reconnecting I had a healthy 12.6V at the fridge again. The fridge is humming fine ever since. Corrosion of cables (just the connection bit) is a common problem on yachts.

Status
Not open for further replies.