Fridge & Freezer not Cold Enough

Jan 12, 2022
Beneteau 423 Mobile
2006 Beneteau 423 fridge and freezer not cooling fridge at 43 freezer at 29 cleaned the cooling finns

Aug 19, 2021
Hunter 280 White House Cove Marina
Standard fridge and freezer temperature is 40°F and 0°F respectively.
First I would check my thermometer. An easy check is a glass of ice water is 32° and a glass of boiling water is 212°F.
Second thing I would do check is the door seals.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Is the compressor cycling on and off at that temperature, or does it run continuously and that’s as cold as it gets? If the former the issue is likely the temperature sensing part of the circuit. If the latter it could be any number of issues with the compressor, piping, refrigerant level, etc.

• Helpful
Feb 26, 2009
Oday 30 Anchor Yacht Club, Bristol PA
Sure wish you gave us more information, in the meantime, check the thermostat sensor, it looks like a wire but it's actually a little tube. It may be too close to the freezer evaporator compartment and shutting off prematurely move it away from away from the evaporator so it will sense the box temperature.

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
It may be too close to the freezer evaporator compartment and shutting off prematurely move it away from away from the evaporator so it will sense the box temperature.
This may depend on the unit. On mine, the sensor is mounted on the evaporator (freezer box) to sense the freezer temps.

Oct 10, 2018
Beneteau 321 Bay Harbor Marina, Bay City MI
I had the same problem. Replaced door seal and tried different thermometers. Replaced thermostat and that fixed the problem. Not too hard to do on mine.

Feb 26, 2009
Oday 30 Anchor Yacht Club, Bristol PA
This may depend on the unit. On mine, the sensor is mounted on the evaporator (freezer box) to sense the freezer temps.
Well we're talking about his not yours LOL and with no pictures no information that's the best guess from me