Fresh water pump

Jan 17, 2013
Catalina 310 St. Simons Island, GA
Has anyone found an alternative fresh water pump to the Shurflo Aqua-King II 3 gpm pump for their C-310? One that fits the same but lasts longer?

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Johnson makes some similar sized pumps, don't know if they are drop-ins.

I've had an Aqua-King pump for years with problems. What's happening with yours? Do you have an accumulator tank?

Jan 17, 2013
Johnson makes some similar sized pumps, don't know if they are drop-ins.

I've had an Aqua-King pump for years with problems. What's happening with yours? Do you have an accumulator tank?
No accumulator tank. My pump is fine but seems to have about a 4 year life and then it slowly dies. I have become used to that with Jabsco products which is why I wonder about alternatives. However I am very cautious with alternate products because installation could be tricky. Very small tolerances on many items on my boat...

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
No accumulator tank. My pump is fine but seems to have about a 4 year life and then it slowly dies. I have become used to that with Jabsco products which is why I wonder about alternatives. However I am very cautious with alternate products because installation could be tricky. Very small tolerances on many items on my boat...
On the larger Aqua Kings it is not necessary to replace the entire pump, the pump assembly alone can be replaced. This is less expensive than replacing the entire pump.

Apr 10, 2010
Catalina 310 166 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Replaced mine with a shurflo pentair model 4008. 55 psi and 3 gpm and it does not require an accumulator tank due to a diaphragm pumping system. Works great keeps the admiral happy and zero maintenance for me. Made in Mexico.

Jan 17, 2013
Replaced mine with a shurflo pentair model 4008. 55 psi and 3 gpm and it does not require an accumulator tank due to a diaphragm pumping system. Works great keeps the admiral happy and zero maintenance for me. Made in Mexico.
Thanks I'll look at that.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
I have a Par 36800-1000 3.3GPM 40PSI pump. It's old school, a belt driven diaphragm pump. They last forever. Mine's 28 years old, and has been "rebuilt" twice, I think, which means new rubber diaphragm parts. When I did it a few years ago it wasn't really necessary. I've also replaced the pressure switch, which wasn't really necessary, either. Instead of carrying a spare pump I carry a belt and a rebuild kit. It's unlikely the motor will fail. They are expensive, though. And, I ge thte impression it may have been discontinued.

I use it with a 2 gallon accumulator, mostly because I don't like to hear the pump run every time I use the water, especially at night. I can trigger the pump to run with a bypass switch I wired, to charge the accumulator before bed, so the pump won't disturb anyone at night. An added bonus is I've added a pressure switch, and when I return to the boat I can immediately see if I have a plumbing leak, or if it's holding.