Fresh Water Pump on O'day 28

May 22, 2017
Oday 28 Stamford
Doing some research and figured I'd reach out to see if anyone here had any knowledge about this...

I'm fixing up an O'day 28 that's been in the family for a few generations - seems like the fresh water pump is missing. All evidence leads to it having lived previously under the sink in the head... The circuit board has a switch for "Fresh Water Pump 15A", and there appears to be corresponding wiring ready to hook up under the sink, as well as fresh water leads: in from the holding tank and out to the sink in the galley.

Long story short... Anyone have a suggestion for a fresh water pump for a boat this old? And I imagine the circuit board's "15A" means 15 amps, am I correct in this assumption?

Thanks for any advice, back to my frantic Googling :)

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
You're right about the breaker being 15 amps for a water pump. And also right about the location of the pump under the sink. It should mount to the bulkhead between the head and the salon. I don remember the pump model but it's probably some kind of jabsco. There should also be a small filter in-line before the pump.

Jul 5, 2011
Oday 28 Madison, CT
I installed a Groco 1 gallon diaphragm tank longitudinally just behind the head to cabin bulkhead in the locker. I placed the Shurflo ahead of it very close to the water tank. The benefit is a very short run from tank to pump. Using a tank cuts down on pump cycling dramatically, extending pump life and noise (let pump run before going to bed to pressure tank, then shut off the breaker. When someone gets up and uses water during the night, no pump noise.) Having said that, the new Shurflo's are about 80% quieter than the old ones.

DYFLWD

Feb 20, 2016
Oday 28 Lake Texoma
FYI a holding tank is for waste, so it’s just a fresh water tank

SG

Feb 11, 2017
J/Boat J/160 Annapolis
FYI a holding tank is for waste, so it’s just a fresh water tank
I believe he is speaking of a pressure accumulator. If you purchase a Surflo ( or other) variable speed fresh water pump, you might not need one. If you already have one, I'd leave it.

DYFLWD

Feb 20, 2016
Oday 28 Lake Texoma
I put a accumulator on my Oday 28 to stop the cold water chatter, works good. I got it from Walmart online store, can’t remember brand.