Fresh water manifold

Sep 10, 2012
Hunter 450 Gulfport, Florida
I have a manifold port with a drip, they are pvc and appear to be very similar to the Shark quick connects for home plumbing except for the material. Is there a tool to disconnect them and are replacements available?
20EA25B7-B9FA-45BA-BCAD-36F1DA3B94F0.jpeg

buddy0

Sep 17, 2014
Hunter 33 Oriental, NC
Try pulling the ring back towards/into the connector to release its hold and then slide the connector off the pex pipe - at the same time.

I've not seen those exact connectors before, but I've done it with other types that look similar.

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
Looks like a lot of PVC/contact cement/glue(?) on the left branch.
Could that be where the leak is?

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Hope it is not glue and maybe just some lub sealer and think can get new at Ace hardware and I had similar leak and just replaced one of the parts with new to stop leak.
Nick

Sep 10, 2012
Its not glue it appears to be where the drip has been seeping for quite some time and left a brown slime. The male fitting compresses into the female but I can't get it to release, that is why I thought a tool like the sharks use for home plumbing, you compress push the tool into the female and voila it disassembles. They also compress when squeezed just like sharks. I cant find a manufacturer on the valves or in the manual. if I knew who made them it would be off to the races. I have been chasing a fresh water leak and this is a slight drip when static.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
That looks like them. The video shows you just push the locking collar in to release them

Sep 10, 2012
That looks like them. The video shows you just push the locking collar in to release them
I usually proceed with caution when in unknown territory. I tried pushing but when it did not release easily I wanted something to look at, they are in a slightly awkward spot, Thanks