Freezer compression rod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 40.5 New Bern NC
Anybody have any suggestions as to where I might begin to search for a new gas or is it a spring loaded piston that holds up the refrig./ freezer lid?
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Capt. Ron

Jul 19, 2007
-Hunter 1995-40.5 Hunter Saint Andrews, New Brunswick, Canada
Try the local RV store, they carry the gas shocks in varying lengths with universal mounts. We replaced both of ours last year and they work great. Only one thing to remember is the compression ratio, you have to hold onto the doors when opening and closing as they are really strong in both directions.

Jun 25, 2012
hunter 356 Kemah,the Republic of Texas
Anybody have any suggestions as to where I might begin to search for a new gas or is it a spring loaded piston that holds up the refrig./ freezer lid?
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Capt. Ron
Try westmarine,r/v supply,I even saw some at my local wal-mart. Also install them with the gas portion at top when using them in the freezer. The rubber seals will freeze so be mindful.
p.s. Almost forgot check ebay ran across a large selection earlier today while checking on a few watched idems and a listing I have for sail.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Oct 29, 2005
Hunter Marine 326 303 Singapore
just write to Phil on this site. i'm sure he has one suitable or able to order for you. i got mine from here.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 40.5 New Bern NC
just write to Phil on this site. i'm sure he has one suitable or able to order for you. i got mine from here.
Thanks all for your suggestions, it should be pretty easy to find one.

Capt. Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.