Found readable copy of O'day 22 "manual"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2011
Oday 22 Hudson, WI
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51807557@N07/sets/72157625609731850/with/5265378105/

If you want to save it you have to click on the pic to bring it up, then right click on it to bring up the picture size menu, then click large to bring up another page, then you will see towards the top of the page an option to download the large version of the image. You cant just right click save on that site.

Figured this might help anyone looking for it, as for some reason everything uploaded on here is so worthlessly fuzzy as to be useless. (scuse me venting my frustration)

Its just a 6 page pamphlet really, but if you've never had a sailboat before, or only dealt with totally different types of boats, there was some stuff in here that really helped me figure out what some odd bits were or the order of operations for rigging and adjustment. Its pretty useful for a newbie actually.

Dec 14, 2010
Oday 22 Winnipeg
That's my Flickr Page, The images were donated by another board member. We had a thread going to let people know where to find them, but it must be buried by now. There's some pics of the boat in there too.

Hey PPPPPP42 do you recognize my boat? I just bought it in the fall from a boat dealer in Hudson!

Jun 19, 2011
Oday 22 Hudson, WI
Thank you for posting those then, I really did need them as this is my first sailboat and I got it complete with mast with good standing rigging, boom and trailer for $200 but I was missing the uppermost hatch board, and more importantly it has no sails or running rigging or the lines and pulleys that attach to the boom.

Which dealer? I may have actually been IN your boat before you bought it since I was looking for one of these earlier but at that point I was just window shopping since I am poor, then this one came along and now I have one too. :)

I gather you and the boat are no longer local or I would insist on attacking it with my camera as my interior is a shambles and I haven't a clue what some of the bits on my boat are even for. The manual helps a lot though.

EDIT: actually could we get those images put on this site instead? I don't know why everything for the 22 on here is unreadable but its frustrating, it would be neat to be able to read some of those ads too.

Jun 12, 2010
Oday 22 Orleans Marina, NOLA
When I first got mine I went to the owner info here and found a very unreadable copy, later I eventually found the one you linked to...didn't even think of posting a link to it for the benefit of others...good job, and also belated thanks to johnnyC.

Dec 14, 2010
Oday 22 Winnipeg
Hey PPP, Yeah The boat and I are a bit further north now. Winnipeg, MB Canada. but let me know what you need pics of and I can post to my flickr page. There may be some interior shots on there already, I'll just make sure they are set for the public. I had bought the boat at Hoopers Yachts, I didn't get quite as hot a deal as you did, but my boat was basically ready to sail, which fits my carpentry skill level about perfectly.

Jun 19, 2011
Oday 22 Hudson, WI
Yep, I'm pretty sure I looked at your boat, don't recall if I was able to go inside or if it was locked and I just looked through the windows. Hooper's is one of the few places around here that specializes in sailboats, so I looked at a lot of stuff there while trying to figure out what I wanted, it was probably actually that boat that got me looking for an O'day 22 because I thought the simplicity if a fixed shoal keel was exactly what I was looking for when I saw it. I believe I also looked at a white one with a blue stripe similar to the one I have now at some point too. Yours is in much nicer condition and actually has sails however. I'm sure it was well out of my price range.

EDIT: I'm mainly looking to see in what ways my running rigging has been modified, some is changed, some is missing. And also get a better idea of the original interior configuration. I'm not entirely certain how my sink migrated from one side of the cabin to the other. And all that's left of my sliding door is the lower track. I've already decided to make everything forward of the bulkhead into one big bed with storage and flotation and possibly the porta potty underneath it. I'm not sure if i'll be putting the sink back as it seems to be one piece of equipment that hardly ever gets used in a boat this size. I also would like to find some way, up to and including replacement to get the upper cabin portholes to open with screens and yet still be waterproof when closed. The boat I have has no forward hatch (some, if not all really early ones didn't it seems), which means I need other ways to ventilate. But then this is quickly becoming a topic for another thread which I will bother to start later when I finally have other things sorted and can actually work on the boat. Dunno if I ever posted the link to my pics on here though. Have several pics of the keel crack I have to glass up too. http://www.flickr.com/photos/64362863@N05/

toddco

Jun 17, 2011
ODay 20 driveway
PPP,
Thanks for posting your interior pictures. My ODay 20 has had the floor completely stripped out. My plan is to glass ribs into the hull and then lay a floor of sythetic deck boards. How much clearance is between the hull and the bottom of your inside floor?
I will need to leave my ribs thick enough at the narrowest point for the deck fasteners.

regards,

Todd

Jun 19, 2011
Oday 22 Hudson, WI
Actually the floor wasn't really reinforced or across ribs, its more like a fiberglass carpet just laid out, there was a small u shaped drainage channel running down the middle under the floor though. It was apparently supposed to end right below the drain hole in the rear of the cabin floor where it could be pumped out or so it seems. There's a lot missing and cut away so its not really clear. The flat floor was only across the middle, the sides in the locker areas are curved outer hull at the bottom.

toddco

Jun 17, 2011
ODay 20 driveway
From what I've read. Apparently the 20 had a inner pan that was the separation between the hull and the cabin floor. The seat lockers and the V-berth are molded in this pan. My "pan" has been removed. Inside my cabin is the raw fiberglass of the hull.

Status
Not open for further replies.