Found a Mac 22... Jewel or Junk???

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim from Ohio

Just found a Mac 22 that the owner (not a sailor himself) says is a "73" and he has gutted the interior. Glass looks pretty good outside... some hardware missing it appears... Sails are a mess... Includes a good 5 1/2 hp johnson outboard... New H/D battery... Trailer... Box of misc. parts... He wants $1000.00 for the whole package.... I'm an Industrial Arts teacher, ready for my next project... Assuming I do the interior restoration myself, my labor and my wood materials cost not included... What kinda additional cost am I going to have??? I know this is a BROAD question... Any advice or suggestions you "salts" can give me will be appreciated... thanks in advance.... Jim

P

Patrick

Be Carefull

When considering a project add up all of the costs to get the boat complete. Make a budget. Go shopping with your list and write down the costs. Then compare the cost to buying one in good shape. You may find it cheeper to buy a good boat. Remember to include costs of everthing a good boat comes with. I think you will find it cheeper to buy a boat that is already ready to go. But you will need to do the Math. Be very complete on you list. You can also use the list to lower the purchase price if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.