Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2011
klidescope 30t norfolk
a great deal , need a little help

start with a shakedown cruse maybe a circumnavigation to put your list together

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
James,

Nice one! I found this just down the coast in Diego. I think its the Black Pearl.

arf145

Nov 4, 2010
Beneteau 331 Deale, MD
Definitely get her out on the open ocean. As Captn Ron said,"If anything's going to happen, it's going to happen out there." Better than a survey.

Jun 25, 2012
hunter 356 Kemah,the Republic of Texas
I have found it is best not make fun other peoples misfortunes. Just doing their best to hang on to their sailing dreams. Even to their very last breath. Be the reasons bad mistakes,addictions,health issues, bad economy,or just a very tight limit budget and a string of bad luck to no fault of their own that puts one over the edge and failure.

UPSGUY

Jan 9, 2011
Catalina 22 Bayville NY
Looks a lot more comfortable than a card board box . One mans trash may be another's home.

Oct 6, 2008
Hunter, Island Packet, Catalina, San Juan 26,38,22,23 Kettle Falls, Washington
On the first boat I wouldn't tap the keel with a hammer looking for delamination. It could end up being a demolition.
The second boat could end up being a game of "Junga"

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
It is a perfect stealth luxury cruiser. No self respecting Somali pirate will go near it.

Sep 6, 2011
Oday 322 Hawkestone YC Lake Simcoe
Are they re Filming Water World around your place?? One mans wreck is another mans Queen Mary......

Aug 20, 2011
Macgregor 25 Sacramento, CA
Speaking of stealth on the first one my first thought was that maybe that was some sort of steath coating she maybe invisible to radar.

May 4, 2005
Macgregor 26d Ft Lauderdale, Fl
all kidding aside. that's a metal hull. alum or iron, the thickness needs to be checked. if serious, a haul out is required. along with all the normal stuff. it could have lots of life left, or very little. it does look like it needs a major bottom job.

Jun 18, 2012
San Juan 23 Bridgeton
I agree with MrBill. Start from the bottom and work your way up. The hull and hull fittings must be in good repair so your "great deal" will stay afloat. Good Luck.

Oct 17, 2011
Ericson 29 Southport..
I'm sure that was meant to be funny. Nobody in their right mind would buy that derelict. The Mary Celeste was in better shape. Nothing short of a controlled burning would be a good start. See all those surfboards strapped on deck? That's the abandon ship option..

kito

Sep 13, 2012
1979 Hunter Cherubini 30 Clemmons
Looks like Ted Williams bought himself that yacht he always wanted. Another Youtube success story.

Nov 8, 2010
Ericson 29 Grand Lake, OK
I'm with MrBill and boatertwo................
Start at the bottom (couple pounds of C4 should do the trick), and let it work it's way down. Otherwise your "shakedown" might turn into "shake apart".
As far as the Somali pirates are concerned..............are we sure they aren't already on board?
I feel like I need to get a tetanus shot just to look at the picture on the internet, Probably take months to get all the rust out of my computer monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.