Forward hatch on Ranger 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 19, 2006
- - Ryer Island, CA
My significant other passed away this past January. He shared his beloved Ranger 33 with me for over 20 years. As a result of his deteriorating health, the boat has suffered. I have been working on cleaning her up for two months and she looks much better then the pics posted in the web site url I posted here but cosmetics are just the beginning. I need someome to please advise me on what type of forward hatch I need to replace the original one as it leaks moisture. If anyone can offer up some ideas I would appreciate it so much!! There are many more questions, but this is a start. Thanks for you time, Carolyn :)

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
Somebody out that way make contact

with Carolyn and help her out. She needs more than some words of advise, she could use some hands on help.

Jul 19, 2006
- - Ryer Island, CA
Thank you!

Ross, Thanks for the speedy reply! I'm hoping for suggestions. Carolyn :)

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
Carolyn, perhaps the most valuable thing

that you could do at this point is to install some positive ventilation fans. If you have shore power a bathroom exhaust fan ducted to on of the ventilatorsand allowed to run constantly would go a long way to drying the interior. There are many styles of hatches on the market. Size is the first consideration. Go to "Hamilton Marine.com" for their catalog. West Marine also has a selection in their catalog. If the existing hach is still functional it may just need rebedding. That is one of the reasons that I suggested that some hands on help would be appropiate. Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.