Forgive me sub-forum, for I have sinned

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
We'll i’ve gone and done it...

After sailing in a trailerable boat.. but rarely trailering it... Along with the comfort compromises that entails....

I saw an ad... :facepalm:( lead us not into temptation...You know how it goes).

8 foot-itis....

C&C 30 Mark 1.

Made the deal today. Ours at the end of season.

Undecided on C22 status. May keep it for a week long regatta next year, that I have wanted to do.:oops:

Selling the pickup and the C22 would sure reduce storage space needs and insurance costs...:dancing:

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Go for the C&C 30 Mark 1 and never look back!!
We made the deal today.

Needs cosmetics but in active use by experienced sailors.

Well equipped for what is available around here.

I hate the yellow hull colour but we may call "Minion" until we get around to painting it ”Mandatory Dark Blue”:biggrin:

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Bravo! Pictures please. I've sailed a bit on the C&C 29 (I think) Mk 1 ( I don't think it was actually called a Mk 1 until there was an MKII.) In any event it was built like a truck. We took it out one day in the worst weather we had had for a while. We had a case of beer and many cigarettes (This was a long time ago), and sailed and drank and smoked until we ran out of beer. It was a great day. That boat loved the rough stuff!

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Pictures please
Don't really have any other than the original ad. Want those ?

In any event it was built like a truck.
That boat loved the rough stuff!
The 30 mk1 is known to be the stiffest C&C they made supposedly.

This huge shallow lake can be very nasty so C&C's and Tanzers and CS boats are common. We looked at a CS27 but the 30 mk 1 made more sense in every way.

By all accounts she can handle most anything here comfortably...