Force 10 Gourmet Four Burner Range - Sparker Location?

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Greetings,

Does anyone else have this range, and know where the sparker is located?

The sparker is powered by a single AA battery which is in a holder under the front, right side of the range. The sparker is, of course, 1.5V powered, and has six spark connectors and one each battery positive and negative connectors. A pushbutton on the front, left of the control panel energizes the sparker via the AA battery.

I removed the faulty sparker two years ago, and now that I finally found a reasonably priced replacement, I can't for the life of me remember where the original was installed. The manual is very vague about this, and I can't figure it out from there.

Any help is much appreciated.

jv

Force 10 Gourmet Range small.jpg

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
@jviss Wish I could offer help, but my boat is 250 miles away.
My Force 10 stove is a bit older but likely similar design. I removed the burner switch and could see the wiring beneath. Perhaps yours works the same.

Attachments

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Thanks, John, but that's not the part I'm referring to. The only clue I have is the manual stating "...spark ignition box located midway down the backside of the stove." I'm still drawing a blank.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Is this the box?
Replacement of the Spark Box:
1. The spark box is located either on the bottom brace at the back of the unit, or on the upper right stove side behind the top grill back depending on the age of the unit.

Attachments

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Ah, @jssailem , that is very helpful! I will go looking in a bit. I know there were screws and nuts, now if I can only find those, too. :)

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
I'm sure you have, but just as a reminder, it is so easy to take pics as you disassemble things and make a file of the pics on a drive under boat repairs. We do this for everything, from each winch size to generator impeller replacements. It's getting to be a pretty big file, but also very useful.
On jobs like this which may take a long time to get the part, screws, nuts, bolts, etc go in a baggie with a note inside stating what this baggie is for. We store all of these in a plastic storage container.I guess that's why our third cabin is our garage! lol

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
I'm sure you have, but just as a reminder, it is so easy to take pics as you disassemble things and make a file of the pics on a drive under boat repairs. We do this for everything, from each winch size to generator impeller replacements. It's getting to be a pretty big file, but also very useful.
On jobs like this which may take a long time to get the part, screws, nuts, bolts, etc go in a baggie with a note inside stating what this baggie is for. We store all of these in a plastic storage container.I guess that's why our third cabin is our garage! lol
Sage advice, thank you! I have done that in other cases, but just blanked on this one.