Food to eat out of hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
As some of you remember I was absent for a time having been distracted by another interest but I came back and I bring with me an offering. It takes some effort but is worth while.
From this list:
http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/sausage-recipes/all

choose a sausage recipe and make that but don't stuff it into casings just extrude it naked. Then make a yeast bread dough and roll it thin and wrap the bread dough around the sausage and bake it.

The nut pick and the dinner fork show scale.

jimmyb

Feb 12, 2010
Precison 165 NA
:thumbup:Ross,
for at least 3 generations around our house they have been called sausage rolls. we use a good quality breakfast sausage and wrap em in home made flaky pie crust dough. we precook the sausage almost through, wrap in the dough and brown em up. man there're my favorite and a tradition at Christmas time. Im salivating just looking at your pics. :thumbup:

jimmyb

Nov 8, 2010
Ericson 29 Grand Lake, OK
Awesome post Ross. My wife makes a homemade sausage that we are now gonna try in your sausage rolls. Her sausage stores well, even onboard, and this would make it into a "finger" food.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
The advantage of the yeast dough is very low fat and not at all crumbly. Small kids love them and don't leave a trail of bread crumbs.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I just discovered at Trader Joes some mini bratwursts that are the size of breakfast sausage links. They are a change from Little Smokies in Pigs in a Blanket.

Aug 2, 2005
pearson ariel grand rapids
nice link!

I'm a grazer, always eating something. I don't eat much per meal, but I eat a lot over the day. Always on the lookout for good grab and go stuff.

I'm a big pancake fan, they're great for wrapping up almost anything for a quick bite. Make up a bunch, and use them wherever bread or a tortilla (my second favorite bread) would go. I typically stay away from bread on the boat, much easier and faster to make tortillas or pancakes, and they're so easy it's no trouble to make a day or twos worth.

Jun 9, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Bayfield, WI
The way to a woman's heart.............;)
Yes, one more thing to add to my list of dream guy qualities (owns a solder gun, can read a chart, plot a course, stand a watch, the ability to rewire anything on the boat) is someone who is umm, handy in the galley and knows what to do with a sausage.:D

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Yes, one more thing to add to my list of dream guy qualities (owns a solder gun, can read a chart, plot a course, stand a watch, the ability to rewire anything on the boat) is someone who is umm, handy in the galley and knows what to do with a sausage.:D
Of course you are familiar with the chauvinist sentiment, why buy a cow when milk is so cheap. The comeback is why buy a whole pig when you just want a little sausage?

Status
Not open for further replies.