Foamy Water

Mar 16, 2018
Catalina 310 202 Carlyle, IL
Any ideas as to why the water in my 2002 Catalina 310s Head is foamy?
20200809_114049.jpg
Thanks!
20200809_114049.jpg

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
A couple of possibilities:
  • As the water pressure drops across the valve, the dissolved gases in the hot water are released very quickly and produce the foaming
  • Residual pink antifreeze coating the inside of the pipes. Acts like a little bit of soap in the water, creating the foam when it passes through the faucet aerator. Eventually you'll run enough water through the pipes to wash it all away. Nothing to worry about, the pink antifreeze is non-toxic and as you found dissipates after you use the system for a while. R

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Residual pink antifreeze coating the inside of the pipes. Acts like a little bit of soap in the water, creating the foam when it passes through the faucet aerator. Eventually you'll run enough water through the pipes to wash it all away. Nothing to worry about, the pink antifreeze is non-toxic and as you found dissipates after you use the system for a while.
That's funny, I beat you by two minutes with that exact quote on the other foamy water thread, but at least I attributed it to someone. :)

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Uummm... don't you have 2 water tanks, and maybe only flushed one in the spring cleaning?

Dec 16, 2011
Catalina 310 Atlantic Highlands
Uummm... don't you have 2 water tanks, and maybe only flushed one in the spring cleaning?
Not in a C310. There is only 1 water tank (and the hot water tank). So I guess if you are counting the hot water tank there are 2, but unless you have a bypass installed you can't not flush it if you are running hot water.