Fly screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2009
Catalina 310 Dunedin, Fl
I have to replace the screen in the head opening port. Does anyone know the manufacturer for this port? Catalina thinks it was Lewmar, but their port sizes do not match my screen. The screen size is: 4 1/4 X 10 3/8
My boat is a 2003 catalina 310
Thanks

Aug 24, 2009
Catalina 310 Sturgeon Bay, WI
It is a It Beckson Port and parts are available from the store above....it is different from your cabin ports right? You have two black plastic ports one in the head, and one above the stove in the galley. Remove the gasket and the screen pops right out.

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
mfarinas

I scraped the existing screen from the plastic frame it was glued to and glued on

another screen to that frame.

Got the screen at Ace Hardware....they said it was raccoon proof:laugh:

Easy peasey.....

paulj :troll:

Aug 24, 2009
Catalina 310 Sturgeon Bay, WI
Some people always seem to know how to save money:
Power boater comes into the ships store, pretty girl on each arm and asks what is new on the market. Store owner pulls out this shiny brass thing and proceeds to tell him how it will improve the performance of his diesel engine. Shop owner states they are pretty new, and very expensive. Guy looks at it, looks at the girls and tells the shop owner, give me three one for each engine and one spare – and don’t tell my wife I bought them. Now a little while later Paul walks into the same shop looking for some glue to fix his port. The shop owner pulls the same shiny brass thing out and tries to tell Paul all about it. With great interest, he listens to how well it works its function and its cost. Paul picks it up, turns it over a few times, put it back on the counter and states in an excited voice “this is great!” Shop owner looks up in surprise and asks, “So I can order you one”, Paul states with excitement, “heck no, I can make that”.

Mar 6, 2009
Catalina 310 Dunedin, Fl
It is a It Beckson Port and parts are available from the store above....it is different from your cabin ports right? You have two black plastic ports one in the head, and one above the stove in the galley. Remove the gasket and the screen pops right out.
Yes, those two are different from the cabin ports. Thank you.

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
Funny

Some people always seem to know how to save money:
Power boater comes into the ships store, pretty girl on each arm and asks what is new on the market. Store owner pulls out this shiny brass thing and proceeds to tell him how it will improve the performance of his diesel engine. Shop owner states they are pretty new, and very expensive. Guy looks at it, looks at the girls and tells the shop owner, give me three one for each engine and one spare – and don’t tell my wife I bought them. Now a little while later Paul walks into the same shop looking for some glue to fix his port. The shop owner pulls the same shiny brass thing out and tries to tell Paul all about it. With great interest, he listens to how well it works its function and its cost. Paul picks it up, turns it over a few times, put it back on the counter and states in an excited voice “this is great!” Shop owner looks up in surprise and asks, “So I can order you one”, Paul states with excitement, “heck no, I can make that”.
Bwahahaha!! But, is it possum proof? Racoons don't concern me it is the possums, and of course circus clowns.:redface:

Status
Not open for further replies.