Fishing for Newbies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2005
- - Satellite Beach, FL.
Took a neighbor out for a couple hours today. He's late forties and never been sailing but wanted to for a long time.
He had fun and I had fun plus I got to introduce our sport/passion/disfunction to another who has been dreaming of sailing and is already been beating up the craigslist ads.
It was a good day.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 11, 2012
hunter 29.5 napa ca
It's never to late , I was 66 when I bought my sailboat and sailed for the first time . Love it

Sep 25, 2008
Catalina 30 MKIII Varuna Boat Club
I waited for my first heart attack at age 44 prompted me to act on my desire. I bought my first boat, a 22 Chrysler Sandpiper and have been sailing since. I bought my Cat30 4 years ago. I am now 67 and have no intentions of hanging up my sailing gloves....

My only regret is that I didn't buy my first boat sooner and be able to enjoy cruising more than I have.

I found that with most people, if you try sailing and like it....you really don't....................You actually LOVE it and become addicted.

Took a neighbor out for a couple hours today. He's late forties and never been sailing but wanted to for a long time.
He had fun and I had fun plus I got to introduce our sport/passion/disfunction to another who has been dreaming of sailing and is already been beating up the craigslist ads.
It was a good day.

Jan 12, 2013
Catalina C27 - Tall Rig Door County, Wis
Re: Fishing for Newbys

its great to get folks out and see them enjoy it!

Apr 19, 2012
Hunter 18.5 Clark Hill
Same as rpell46. Heart attack at age 42 made me realize that it was time to turn a dream into reality.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Re: Fishing for Newbys

Good health to you guys with those young heart attacks. A friend's Dad had his at 42. He's in his late eighties now and doing pretty well. He doesn't sail but he is a woodworker. Keeps him centered. So keep sailing and keep the spirit healthy. You could live a long time. I wish that for you.

Nov 23, 2011
MacGregor 26D London Ontario Canada
I was 40 when our 2 1/2 year old daughter was diagnosed with lukemia. And 3 broken vertebrata to boot!
Decided to change direction. (Enter sailboat.) Make great family memory's!
She, (Squeaky) now 5, is doing great! Her last chemo treatment was on Oct 12/12. Her back... You would never know anything was wrong!
Our family has been blessed with all we have learned and a new outlook on life.
This winter I am building a PDRacer for Squeaky (and me). I plan to make a few of them with a couple buddies to get them out on the water too.
Less work more sail.

Status
Not open for further replies.