Fisher Panda 12 mini

Zencra

Dec 19, 2019
Hunter 49 Melbourne
hi there, another issue on our 49, not the boat itself but our generator. it shut down throwing a few messages but mainly exhaust temp too high. I found the exhaust connector pipe had a series of corroded holes and needs replacing. Part is sorted and I'm sure it must be a blend of gold and alloy!
My question is has anyone else had this problem? do I need to remove the exhaust elbow to replace, as there doesn't seem to be room to get a socket onto nuts to remove?
thanks in advance.
Craig

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
hi there, another issue on our 49, not the boat itself but our generator. it shut down throwing a few messages but mainly exhaust temp too high. I found the exhaust connector pipe had a series of corroded holes and needs replacing. Part is sorted and I'm sure it must be a blend of gold and alloy!
My question is has anyone else had this problem? do I need to remove the exhaust elbow to replace, as there doesn't seem to be room to get a socket onto nuts to remove?
thanks in advance.
Craig
Yup. Same here. I always carried a spare exhaust and checked the condition of the installed pipe whenever I had the sound shield off. On my 6kw the pipe in question went to a connector in the case. It was difficult to get at the bolts attaching the elbow flange to the engine but I could slowly remove then with an open end wrench.

Zencra

Dec 19, 2019
Hunter 49 Melbourne
looks like no easy approach, I'm thinking I might remove alternator and starter to make access easier. as I'm not seeing much waterfowl and exhaust is overheating I'm thinking maybe a raw water blockage in the line or possibly an impeller vane from previous owner.

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
looks like no easy approach, I'm thinking I might remove alternator and starter to make access easier. as I'm not seeing much waterfowl and exhaust is overheating I'm thinking maybe a raw water blockage in the line or possibly an impeller vane from previous owner.
I also found it was easy to damage the impelle rby cranking the engine without any water flow. I would check the impeller immediately before doing anything else.

Jan 4, 2019
Hunter 50 Halifax & Martinique
I replaced the elbow on our 12 mini as seen in the photos. You need a wobble socket adapter to be able to reach the starter motor bolts so it can be moved out of the way. You can then reach the nuts at the back of the elbow. It was very tedious but will be much quicker next time, now that I know what to do. Very expensive for a cheap casting that doesn't last.
IMG_2226.jpg
IMG_2227.jpg
IMG_2228.jpg

Jun 15, 2012
BAVARIA C57 Greenport, NY
Fischer Panda considers the part to be a "wear" item. I bet it wouldn't be a wear item it it were made of stainless or cupro-nickle.

Jun 8, 2004
Hunter 49 60803 Lake Erie
Fischer Panda considers the part to be a "wear" item. I bet it wouldn't be a wear item it it were made of stainless or cupro-nickle.
I also bet it wouldn't be a wear item if the engineers who designed it's location and decided it was a wear item had to change it on a boat them selves a few times.