First Two Launches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2005
Pearson 33-2 & Typhoon 18 Seneca Lake
Hello Precision 18 Owners,
Tuesday and Thursday of this week Eileen and I sailed our Precision 18 for the first times following about three weeks of repairs and cleaning which we mentioned on previous posts on this site. Having spent many years sailing larger cruising boats we found the Precision 18 an exciting and challenging boat. We had a blast!
Learned (or remembered) a few things: (1) Don't back down the ramp before you step the mast! Fortunately, the lot and ramp area were nearly deserted, so we didn't delay anyone. (2) Don't go forward to adjust sail hanks while spouse is trying to sail. It's a bit like trying to stand on the back of a galloping horse. (I can use that comparison truthfully because I tried the horse trick in my youth.) (3) Use induced heel carefully, and beware of wind puffs. (4) No matter who goes forward the OB will be lifted out of the water.
(5) It is easy to load the boat off center. I added centering boards to the trailer's keel support for the second trip, and that worked very well. I did learn about those boards by looking at the owner modifications on the Precision site. (6) The 3.0 Evinrude OB pushed the boat well. (7) I think we will enjoy this boat, and we can keep it in our back yard.
Respectfully, Phil

Ross S

Oct 20, 2011
Precision 21 Great Sacandaga Lake
Sounds great! I agree about loading the boat off center and added centering boards as well. Made a lot of difference.

Enjoy your boat!

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
I`m jealous, spent the afternoon cleaning,waxing, scrubbing,etc. won`t be long now though...

Status
Not open for further replies.