First 47.7 Engine Compartment/Bilge Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cmartinez@mail.com

Aft bilge compartment does not drain into into the sump, and is directly connected with engine compartment, which should not drain into the bilge. Any water in here will flood the batteries and cabin sole before reaching the sump, which increases the likelihood that one will be unable to start the engine during circumstances where it is most needed. It must be pumped out manually and Beneteau told me to use a spnge!. Beneteau claims that this compartment should not leak. However, it can and has. With the engine raw water through-hull valve and the rudder bearing in this compartment of the grid, there is a potential for a leak. This occurred multiple times on my boat due to a poorly installed rudder bearing, and resulted in flooding the batteries and cockpit sole. I am currently seeking a solution that is satisfactory to both me and Beneteau, and would welcome any comments.

J

Jeff Taylor aka Capn' Nemo

Engine sump

I know what your talking about, the 45f5 is the same way. I installed one of those speed covers for you impeller and the gasket didnt't seat correctly thus almost flooded the bason for the sump. I'll be installing a small automatic blige pump there this winter, It can be installed in an existing line with a check valve or just run a new discharge. I'm alos going to install a pump cycle meter or try to figure out how to rig a red light that will flash when the pump runs. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.