Firefly Carbon Foam AGM batteries

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Thank goodness for Costco. They had a sale on 105 AH Lion LiFePo4 batteries. I bought 2. I contacted Lion and they told me that I can simply use the Li setting on my existing equipment with them. No need to replace my existing chargers and program charging curves. Since Lion offers a lifetime warranty on these batteries, I find it easy to believe them on this. Also, Costco does a good job of backing up when they sell. This also gives me confidence. I will purchase a DC to DC charger to isolate the Li Batteries from my alternator and a cheap starter battery. All this adds up to about 50% more cost than my original plan of purchasing 3 regular group 31 AGM batteries. But, the Li batteries ought to last as long as I do on this boat and give me quite a bit more capacity.

As for my original question about the Carbon foam AGM batteries. I really saw no point to getting them at a slightly lower price point than the LiFePo4 batteries that I ended up with. Less capacity, shorter life and an unfamiliar technology did not seem to add up to a good buy.
Do you have a link for those?

Aug 21, 2019
Catalina 315 18 Grosse Pointe Park, MI
I can give you a link for the batteries. But, unfortunately they do not seem to be on costco.com any more. Mine cost $700 a piece. They were on sale, then went away, then they were on sale again at Costco. Maybe they'll show up again there soon. I see them at various places for less than on the Lion website. One nice feature of these particular batteries is that they have a built in remaining charge meter.

Good luck

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I can give you a link for the batteries. But, unfortunately they do not seem to be on costco.com any more. Mine cost $700 a piece. They were on sale, then went away, then they were on sale again at Costco. Maybe they'll show up again there soon. I see them at various places for less than on the Lion website. One nice feature of these particular batteries is that they have a built in remaining charge meter.

Good luck
Ok. Thanks. I had searched Costco and couldn’t find them...hence the request.
appreciate the link to the mfg.

Greg