Finding a trailer in California

Aug 18, 2023
Beneteau Oceanis 32 Richmond Yacht Club
I currently have an Olson 25 in the SF Bay area, and want to get a trailer for it. I've seen a couple for sale by private individuals in SoCal, but can't find anything in the northern part of the state. Are there no dealers or just so little demand that it isn't worth while to have a dealer in NorCal? I can't find any used for sale in NorCal at all.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I’ve had good luck looking for a junky boat on a decent trailer. Try Craigslist

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Is the trailer for permanent use to keep the boat on, or temporary transport? If the former, you might have one built. Would not have to be real fancy. Or, try Anacortes, WA. Lots of trailered boats there I’ve seen.

Aug 18, 2023
Beneteau Oceanis 32 Richmond Yacht Club
Is the trailer for permanent use to keep the boat on, or temporary transport? If the former, you might have one built. Would not have to be real fancy. Or, try Anacortes, WA. Lots of trailered boats there I’ve seen.
It's to move a boat from San Francisco to Washington. I tried to even find a trailer for rent, and no joy.

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
It's to move a boat from San Francisco to Washington. I tried to even find a trailer for rent, and no joy.
Try the boat yards in Anacortes for a rental.Tell 'em you'll stow the boat there on the hard until you find a slip or similar. Maybe they will find one for you. But then you'd have to fetch it.:(

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
You might be able to transport the boat there from SF for near enough the cost of buying/building a trailer and taking it yourself; or fetching a rental and returning it, etc. Go piggy-back with another load. Just be ready and wait for one (half load) to come along. I piggy-backed my Pearson 30 from St. Petersburg, FL to Long Beach, CA. Half price. "Luck favors the prepared mind." L. Pasteur

Last edited: