Finally

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2004
Macgregor Venture 25 Trailer Sailor
Last year was such a bad year for our sailing activities; what with two floods (one at home and one at the lake), Pam's nephew drowning in the flood swollen Raccoon River and five days of searching for him, Pam's younger sisters cancer returning, major back problems and home repairs it just plain SUCKED. Now with the economy down and the fear of losing my job we elected not to slip the boat and focus instead on the "honey-do" list. So finally I get to go to the lake for the first time this season. The boat was stored at Rathbun Lake and I have not seen it since last October. The best part of the trip is that my 36 y/o son is going to join me. We will travel to the lake tomorrow and hopefully find the boat just a little dirty, but ready to go (I did my best haul-out last fall that I have ever done). It will be a breeze setting up the boat because my son is a monster kinda guy. He passed me in height when he was only a sixth grader and he towers over me. He can raise the stick single handed and all I have to do is connect shrouds and stays. Yea ha. I am so excited and the weather looks great this weekend.

See you Monday, maybe!

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2007
Macgregor - Spring Creek, FL
Sorry to hear about all that bad news. I can identify with some of it. My son is 39 and a "natural" when it comes to sailing. Like riding a bicycle, once you learn, you never forget. He lives 300 miles round trip from me and the few times I can get him on the boat are rare gifts for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.