Favorite Oday Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver

Mar 16, 2014
Oday 25 Bradenton Beach Florida
This finger dock was under water 2 and a half feet. Can't find the picture. Storm last June 2016. My title for this would of been "go ahead and jump off". It is like 7 foot jump with nothing to grab on to at the bottom. Storms don't play, be careful everywhere. Storms will hurt you for real, even at dock. I will try again to find the picture. Blind Pass Mariana. ⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓

Attachments

Oliver

Mar 16, 2014
Oday 25 Bradenton Beach Florida
That boat looks familiar... where you at ? I got fixed keel 6 foot draft. I'm at Blind Pass Marina St Pete Beach. I need to go to Burnt Store Marina Port Charlotte, waiting for north wind. Maybe, depending on mom's health, she lives behind that marina. Yes she is bad sick. I can't do against a south wind, but don't know if I real need to go yet, up in the air I guess. Nice pictures this post. Wish I had some of my own to post. Don't mind me, just yapping a bit to pass time. ⚓

Attachments

Aug 3, 2012
Performance Cruising Telstar 28 302 Watkins Glen
Weds afternoon swim and sail!
image.jpeg image.jpeg
We lower the sails and lock the rudder straight. The boat sails along around 1+ kts. We grab on the floated drag line behind the boat and drift. We have floats and noodles too, so we can float and have a beer while drifting!

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
I think not, because it doesn't have the lines of an O'Day which kind of all looked similiar line/curve wise...so to the windows.
Pat

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Great photos! I have no idea how to post a picture on this site.....where do I find the instructions? Patrick

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Pat, while you are writing a post, there should be 3 "buttons" at the lower right of the typing window. The middle one is labeled "Upload a file". Click on that, then click "choose file" on the next screen. You can browse your hard drive for the file to upload. The types of accepted files are listed by extension on that "choose file" screen. Once the file is uploaded, you will be asked whether to publish it as a "thumbnail" (as in post #287), or as "full size" (or maybe "full image"), as in post #278 on the previous page.

Oct 2, 2008
Island Packet 31 Brunswick, Ga
IMG_0997.JPG
Wow! I haven't trolled these "waters" in at least a year, maybe longer! I had forgotten I started this thread and it got pinned years ago. I started my sailing journey here with an O'day 26. That was back in the days when this website was still relatively young and the idea that we can get help online from others all over the world was still a novelty. I rebuilt "my girl" with the help of some great friends here including good ol' Joe of "Trinkka", Appleman, Recess, and others. I went on to become a live-aboard cruiser on "Otter", my Island packet 31.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2016
O'day 23 Salem, MA
We bought our 1979 O'Day 23 last year from what can only be described as a master craftsman. He and his son spent a great deal of time refurbishing and improving her. Everything from custom woodwork to new sails and new standing rigging. She has pressure water at the sink instead of pump, new water tank, solar and engine battery charging, all lighting replaced with LED, autopilot, and well... she just looks and functions better than new. Couldn't be happier. Brought her up from Buzzards bay, through the Cape Cod canal and up into Boston. Sailed fantastic, took some heavy 4 foot chop very stoutly, and rode the 10 foot swells of the outer harbor in style. Broke the voyage up over three days, enjoying the best of the ports of New Bedford, Marshfield and into the home port in Salem MA. These are pictures from just before that trip.

Attachments

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
12 degrees outside right now (6:30 p.m.) on Monday...Jan 15....what would help me is a detailed discussion on how to post pictures....sorry I have a ton of pictures....forgive my ignorance. Patrick in Wichita

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
12 degrees outside right now (6:30 p.m.) on Monday...Jan 15....what would help me is a detailed discussion on how to post pictures....sorry I have a ton of pictures....forgive my ignorance. Patrick in Wichita
Hi Pat,

Not sure what type of computer you are using, but:
iPad or other IOS device: click on the Upload a file button below your post...then click on the Chose File button....then select either your photo library, take a photo, or browse to another location (One Drive for example). Select your photo,and wait for it to download. May take a while,depending on the size. Once it is done, you can select to either insert a thumbnail or the full image. I prefer thumbnails because they load faster. I also appreciate it when other posters use thumbnails....for the same reason.
473D0A95-215A-4CC8-AD4F-546CDEB0F87F.jpeg
Or
473D0A95-215A-4CC8-AD4F-546CDEB0F87F.jpeg

If using Windows PC: same as above, except you just browse to the location of the photo you want to upload.

There are limits on the file size...3000*3000 pixels.

For videos, I prefer to upload them to YouTube, and then just paste a link in my post.

Any other questions?

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.