Favorite Oday Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
Hey guys those are all eautiful pics. Trinkka your YC is 10 mins from my house.lol I live toward the new veterans bridge in Somerset.

Hopefully this winter or spring ill be purchasing a boat, i havent been on a sailboat in 20years or so(and im only 32)..plenty of time on a power boat but sailing to me is just the most tranquel looking way to go on the water.
Hi Snowman! What a small world Huh? Well, you're going to have to come down to our club in the spring and check it out.
We're always looking for new members.
http://www.shawometyachtclub.com/ If I'm at the club, I'll give you the grand tour but I'm sure that the Commodore will be there and do the honors. He just got elected and he's there more than I am.

Now that they have the new Veteran's Memorial Bridge up and running, I'm puzzled why they keep the old Brightman Street Bridge in use. The very least they could do for the sailboaters on the river is remove the leafs from that bridge. The bridge is baracaded on both sides and nobody uses it. I'll have to talk to our new State Rep about that.
Joe

Nov 28, 2012
Catalina 22 #442 Somerset, Ma
Hi Snowman! What a small world Huh? Well, you're going to have to come down to our club in the spring and check it out.
We're always looking for new members.
http://www.shawometyachtclub.com/ If I'm at the club, I'll give you the grand tour but I'm sure that the Commodore will be there and do the honors. He just got elected and he's there more than I am.

Now that they have the new Veteran's Memorial Bridge up and running, I'm puzzled why they keep the old Brightman Street Bridge in use. The very least they could do for the sailboaters on the river is remove the leafs from that bridge. The bridge is baracaded on both sides and nobody uses it. I'll have to talk to our new State Rep about that.
Joe
Ya i dont understand it either. Makes no sense to have a HUGE bridge behind a realllly small one. With the smaller one always having the bridge down. They need to start tearing that bridge down like they are tearing down the old power plant.

I pretty much have the wife convinced on the idea of a sailboat. After having 4 friends get in motorcycles accidents at the hands on car drivers she is relieved Ive put them for sale. to many close calls for me and its not real family friendly.i think an O'day 23-25ft would be a great point to start with. after taking in the info from others like yourself that have WAY more knowledge then myself it seems like the right direction.

On a side note i cant wait to go to the Boston Boat show this February.

Oct 2, 2008
Island Packet 31 Brunswick, Ga
I have a great wife, for our 29th wedding anniversary eve, she asked if we could spend the night on newly re-launched My Girl! Here are two pictures of the evening. You can't ask for a better first mate than that!! It was pretty chilly for us, highs in the upper 40's, lowes in the mid 20s.

Attachments

Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
You're a lucky fellow Keith. My wife "swallowed the anchor" years ago. Hey I like that companionway hatch caddy. Where did you get the idea for that?

Have a Happy New Year guys!

Joe

Sep 25, 2008
Oday 25 Gibraltar
Yeah, I looked at the pic when Keith posted but I didn't notice the 'hatch caddy'. My mind was somewhere else at the time, I guess. Anyhow. Neat idea.

Oct 2, 2008
You're a lucky fellow Keith. My wife "swallowed the anchor" years ago. Hey I like that companionway hatch caddy. Where did you get the idea for that?

Have a Happy New Year guys!

Joe
Thanks joe! I got the idea out of the little book by Don Casey titled "100 simple things you can do for your sailboat", or something like that.

Jun 14, 2011
Hunter 22 Fin Keel Lake Martin
Took this the other day sitting on my porch just before going out for a sail.

Dec 27, 2011
Oday 272 Pensacola
Emergpa - How do you 'go up mast'? I recently purchased a 'Mast Mate' (I believe that's the name) - raise yourself to top like a mountain climber. It's exciting to be able to do that without relying on someone to pull you up in a bosun chari. Go to top when I need rather than when I can get help.

Charles

Oct 2, 2008
Emergpa - How do you 'go up mast'? I recently purchased a 'Mast Mate' (I believe that's the name) - raise yourself to top like a mountain climber. It's exciting to be able to do that without relying on someone to pull you up in a bosun chari. Go to top when I need rather than when I can get help.

Charles
That's what I used!

Status
Not open for further replies.