Favorite Mods

May 10, 2007
Beneteau 45 Annapolis
Production of my Oceanis 45 is scheduled to start very soon in Marion, SC. I'm having the dealer add some features but I'm wondering what I'm missing. I'm adding a washdown system at the bow, cabin fans, battery monitoring system, fresh water head flushing, galvanic isolator, 12 volt outlets, and a hand rail along main salon ceiling. What are some of your favorite additions you have made to your Beneteau that I should consider adding?

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Good list so far. What you might find, if you do some research and homework, is that many of the mods, especially the electrical ones, would be much, much, much less expensive if done after delivery. Sometimes BOTH the dealer and the factory know less about electricity than even a newbie who is scared of elektrzity. Plus, if YOU install it, you'll know how it's designed and supposed to work, and HOW it works when something (gasp!) happens when you're out there.

Good luck with your new boat, sounds great.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I'm an hour away from Marion. Can I go watch?

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Stu, if it's done before delivery it's covered by the warrenty. Otherwise, yeah, I'd rather do it myself.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Ron, and for the OP, sometimes warranty issues can be tricky. If a dealer installs an electronic gizmo and it goes south, they may, I say MAY, shift the warranty issue to the vendor of the vendor of the equipment, while all the time the problem may be a wiring connection. Gee, ever seen one of THOSE discussions? Ron's right, and all I'm trying to do is warn the OP about the potential issues that could arise when dealing with this part of the new boat syndrome.

If I was the OP, depending on what kind of sailing he plans to do (i.e., marina hopper vs. long term anchor out) I would spend my time getting to learn about the electrical system and how many batteries he has space to install. :):):)

May 10, 2007
Beneteau 45 Annapolis
All good points. I think I'll have the dealer do some things and wait on others. Keep the ideas coming!

May 27, 2015
Beneteau Oceanis 41 Havre de Grace MD
If you are getting the boat from Annapolis Yacht sales they have option packages. This saves a little. Talk to Dan Nardo he is the best.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2014
beneteau oceanis 45 south haven, mi
I have a 2014 Oceanis 45. Wonderful boat. I wasn't going to get the bow thruster but I was told the tunnel was there even if I did not get the thruster so we bit the bullet and purchased it. Now I am addicted to it. I did not get the power winches for the jib sheets. I should have. The remote anchor control at the helm is very handy.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Get a furling gennaker or Code0 to mount on the hard point on the anchor roller. The boats modern non-overlapping headsail setup really loves the turbo mode of a code in lighter airs. Bob Patterson is the Tech Director at NP sails. He's probably working on this as we speak!

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Walk next door and talk to Chris Ford at Yacht Canvas about your dodger. They do great work. I would want davits but lord knows how you get one on these new tailgate stern designs.

May 27, 2015
Beneteau Oceanis 41 Havre de Grace MD
Walk next door and talk to Chris Ford at Yacht Canvas about your dodger. They do great work. I would want davits but lord knows how you get one on these new tailgate stern designs.
I have davits on mine. You can see it in my avatar. It is an arch over the stern gate.

Last edited:

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
Jan 22, 2008
look in at CB2.org. That's the web for the Chesapeake Bay are Beneteau owners. CB2 is short for "Chesapeake Bay Club Beneteau. AYS supports our club, and we are told it is the largest B club in the world. Luncheon on March 5 (I believe it is).

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Production of my Oceanis 45 is scheduled to start very soon in Marion, SC. I'm having the dealer add some features but I'm wondering what I'm missing. I'm adding a washdown system at the bow, cabin fans, battery monitoring system, fresh water head flushing, galvanic isolator, 12 volt outlets, and a hand rail along main salon ceiling. What are some of your favorite additions you have made to your Beneteau that I should consider adding?
Very nice boat. It all depends too, on what and how you'll be using the boat and your background experience. You may also want to wait and use the boat before adding a lot of things you may not end up using?

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
You may also want to wait and use the boat before adding a lot of things you may not end up using?
Dang, Scott. You sound like a wife! I thought this was supposed to be a safe forum. ;-)

Jan 22, 2008
Make sure the washdown is plumbed for sea water, not the fresh water tank. A friend bought a 45 Hunter, and the dealer drew water from the fresh water tank.