Faucet on Hunter 280, 310, 336, 340

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
The original faucet (in the heads) has been discontinued and the replacements we're finding a have a slightly larger footprint.

The questions is, will your countertop allow a faucet with a footprint of 2 inches deep x 6-1/4 inches wide?

Thanks!

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
The questions is, will your countertop allow a faucet with a footprint of 2 inches deep x 6-1/4 inches wide? Thanks!
My First Mate would be furious if she found footprints that size on our countertop.

Jul 29, 2004
Hunter 340 Lake Lanier, GA
Phil, I installed the one you sold for the head sink about two years ago. Do you know those dimensions? It fit fine, but to remove the old one, I had to pull up the countertop.

Jul 29, 2004
Phil, here's a couple of pictures of the H340 head sink/countertop. As I mentioned above, this faucet is not OEM, but the replacement model you sold me a year or two ago. There appears to be plenty of room for the slightly larger fixture.

Attachments

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Thanks Ed, that is _exactly_ what wee needed to know!

I'm bummed to hear you had to remove the countertop... I gather it was difficult getting the old faucet out?

Jul 29, 2004
Both galley and head OEM faucets were held on from underneath the Corian by flat metal nuts that were basically inaccessible from below due to the hole cut out in the plywood top (under the Corian). It was actually pretty easy to pull up the counter (held only by some weak adhesive caulk). The OEM galley faucet I removed was cut apart from above - that counter would have been a problem to remove.

All the new faucets are held on by plastic wing nuts with big "mouse ears" that are easy to tighten and remove from below.