Faucet in the galley

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ToyBox

I am having trouble getting water from my holding tank to the sink in the galley. All the lines are full of water and the pumps seem to be working fine. We cleaned the faucet/spout last fall with a good metal cleaner. Is there a shut off that we may have turned inadvertantly on that pump? It is a 1978 C-27, but it has lots of modifications from the previous owner. Any other suggestions are welcome. Chris D Annapolis C-27 #3636

J

jchealey

gally faucet

why would you want to pump from your holding tank to your galley sink? did you invite people aboard you do not want to come back???

H

h.banick

chunks

Maybe there are some large chunks or tp stuck in your faucet. Now thats what I call very environmental using your holding tank to recycle. Hows your health?

H

Hayden Watson

Come on guys, have a little compassion

Just because Chris doesn’t know that “holding tank” is the name of the tank connected to the output side of his head “toilet for land lubbers” is no reason to give him a ration of effluent. If we give him too bad of a time, he and others might hesitate to speak up for fear of getting ridiculed and the forum would poorer for it. This forum is one of the best sources to info for us. Now I’m assuming that Chris just doesn’t know all of the correct terms. If, on the other hand, he does know the proper function of a holding tank, I want to know his address, and avoid it!! Hey, you got to laugh at your self once in a while. PS The comment about chunks in the line is a valid one. Have you checked the defuser screen in the faucet. They will sometime get clogged with algae or other “stuff” that grows in the water lines. Speaking of which, has everyone read Peggy’s articles on spring recommissioning and fresh water maintenance? Hayden Watson ‘88 C30tr “Papillon” Spokane, WA

T

ToyBox

Thanks Hayden

My bad. I mean my fresh water tank. I couldn't get it to pump out at the end of last season and just had to fill it with an environmentally safe antifreeze. Now I would like to be able to use that tank. Please excuse us that are somewhat new to the joy of owning our own boats, but most of the information I have received in this forum has been very valuable and I hope everyone can laugh along with me.

T

ToyBox

And the point is?

After I sat back and got over my embarasment I realized no one addressed the question. Is there a shut off valve anywhere along the neck of the galey faucet???

J

John Mavrovich

Galley Faucet

I don't believe there would be a shutoff between the fresh water pump and galley faucet. My C-30 has a filter/strainer on the supply side (water tank side) of the water pump. If you have one, this could be clogged. Do you have adequate water pressure to the sink in the head? If so, the pump is doing its job. Remove the aerator screen from the galley faucet spout as mentioned earlier. Run it to see if there's an increase in pressure. Try disconnecting the pressure side (faucet side) hose from the pump and attaching directly to the water hose at the dock (not too much pressure). This will take a little modification with hose and clamps but may clear any obstructions in the line or faucet. Next you can disconnect hoses from galley faucet one at a time and see if you have adequate pressure while flushing water through. Finally, try connecting dock water pressure directly to faucet. Flush it through. This should remove any obstructions in the lines, Good luck.

M

Mike Hagerman

Touche!

Fellow Planet Cat members: Don't mess with the astute and observant members of the Rhode Island Yacht Club (i.e., jchealey)! (Actually I missed it too!)

J

jchealey

all apologies toybox

sorry toybox ,i just could not resist...

Status
Not open for further replies.